Обсуждение: [ADMIN] Analyze Table

[ADMIN] Analyze Table

От
anand086
Дата:
Hello All,

We have a requirement wherein, analyze table needs to be called from within
the application.

To give a background, we have schema called "dev" under which all the tables
are created, then we have "dev_dba" user which has been granted ownership of
all tables and then we have "dev_user" (application user) accessing the data
from the java application.

The application code run as dev_user, needs to analyze the table in case
application does truncate and insert data (~ 10 millions rows).

As per my understanding, only the owner of the table can analyze the table
and we do not want to make "dev_user" the owner.

What is the best possible way to get the table analyzed from application
code without changing granting owner to dev_user?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Anand

Re: [ADMIN] Analyze Table

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
What is the best possible way to get the table analyzed from application
code without changing granting owner to dev_user?

​A solution is to write a "SECURITY DEFINER" function.​

David J.

Re: [ADMIN] Analyze Table

От
anand086