Обсуждение: [ADMIN] listen_addresses = '*' postgresql 9.5 does not allow local connect

[ADMIN] listen_addresses = '*' postgresql 9.5 does not allow local connect

От
kschindl
Дата:
when i add the listen_addresses = '*' i cannot connect local (with or without
pgadmin)
as soon as i comment this out i can connect local where the server is
installed

Re: [ADMIN] listen_addresses = '*' postgresql 9.5 does not allowlocal connect

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
when i add the listen_addresses = '*' i cannot connect local (with or without
pgadmin)
as soon as i comment this out i can connect local where the server is
installed

Please show some psql commands and resultant error messages.

David J.

[ADMIN] Re: listen_addresses = '*' postgresql 9.5 does not allow localconnect

От
kschindl
Дата:
David G Johnston wrote
> On Saturday, June 3, 2017, kschindl <

> chuck666xx@

> > wrote:
>
> Please show some psql commands and resultant error messages.
>
> David J.

kschindl@BelgarathUbuntu:~$ sudo -u postgres psql
psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
    connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

Pgadmin:
Server doesn't listen
The server doesn't accept connections: the connection library reports
could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on
host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

as soon as i remove the listen_addresses it works and connects on port 5432

Re: [ADMIN] Re: listen_addresses = '*' postgresql 9.5 does not allowlocal connect

От
Михаил Шурутов
Дата:
Please set listen_addresses parameter and show output of command

netstat -ltxn|grep 5432

04.06.2017 06:27, kschindl пишет:
> David G Johnston wrote
>> On Saturday, June 3, 2017, kschindl <
>
>> chuck666xx@
>
>> > wrote:
>>
>> Please show some psql commands and resultant error messages.
>>
>> David J.
>
> kschindl@BelgarathUbuntu:~$ sudo -u postgres psql
> psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>     Is the server running locally and accepting
>     connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
>
> Pgadmin:
> Server doesn't listen
> The server doesn't accept connections: the connection library reports
> could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on
> host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
> as soon as i remove the listen_addresses it works and connects on port 5432

WBR, Michail Shurutov
Postgres Professional: http://www.postgrespro.ru
The Russian Postgres Company

Re: [ADMIN] listen_addresses = '*' postgresql 9.5 does not allowlocal connect

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 8:51 PM, kschindl <chuck666xx@gmail.com> wrote:
> when i add the listen_addresses = '*' i cannot connect local (with or without
> pgadmin)
> as soon as i comment this out i can connect local where the server is
> installed

Is there another listen_addresses line in your conf file?

Re: [ADMIN] listen_addresses = '*' postgresql 9.5 does not allow local connect

Дата:
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 8:51 PM, kschindl <chuck666xx@gmail.com> wrote:
>> when i add the listen_addresses = '*' i cannot connect local (with or without
>> pgadmin)
>> as soon as i comment this out i can connect local where the server is
>> installed

> Is there another listen_addresses line in your conf file?

I'd counsel looking into the postmaster log file.  The described symptoms
sound like the postmaster is failing to start when given this setting,
and the log should offer some clue as to why.

I think we've seen similar reports that eventually traced to local DNS
misconfiguration, but that's theorizing in advance of the evidence.

            regards, tom lane

[ADMIN] Re: listen_addresses = '*' postgresql 9.5 does not allow localconnect

От
kschindl
Дата:
Scott Marlowe-2 wrote
> Is there another listen_addresses line in your conf file?
>
> No did a search

[ADMIN] Re: listen_addresses = '*' postgresql 9.5 does not allow localconnect

От
kschindl
Дата:
Tom Lane-2 wrote
> I'd counsel looking into the postmaster log file.  The described symptoms
> sound like the postmaster is failing to start when given this setting,
> and the log should offer some clue as to why.
>
> I think we've seen similar reports that eventually traced to local DNS
> misconfiguration, but that's theorizing in advance of the evidence.
>
>             regards, tom lane

thx.
That is what the log says:
2017-06-04 10:25:38 ICT [938-1] LOG:  invalid connection type
"listen_addresses"
2017-06-04 10:25:38 ICT [938-2] CONTEXT:  line 74 of configuration file
"/etc/postgresql/9.5/main/pg_hba.conf"
2017-06-04 10:25:38 ICT [938-3] FATAL:  could not load pg_hba.conf

That is line 74
listen_addresses = '*'

copied from manual

so i am lost

Re: [ADMIN] Re: listen_addresses = '*' postgresql 9.5 does not allowlocal connect

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
On 04/06/2017 07:42, kschindl wrote:
> That is what the log says:
> 2017-06-04 10:25:38 ICT [938-1] LOG:  invalid connection type
> "listen_addresses"
> 2017-06-04 10:25:38 ICT [938-2] CONTEXT:  line 74 of configuration file
> "/etc/postgresql/9.5/main/pg_hba.conf"
> 2017-06-04 10:25:38 ICT [938-3] FATAL:  could not load pg_hba.conf
>
> That is line 74
> listen_addresses = '*'
>
> copied from manual
>
> so i am lost
listen_addresses, like other configuration options, has to be configured
in postgresql.conf, not pg_hba.conf.

--
Julien Rouhaud
http://dalibo.com - http://dalibo.org

Re: [ADMIN] Re: listen_addresses = '*' postgresql 9.5 does not allowlocal connect

От
"Rady, Doug"
Дата:
On 6/3/17, 22:42, "pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org on behalf of kschindl" <pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org on behalf
ofchuck666xx@gmail.com> wrote:

    Tom Lane-2 wrote
      I'd counsel looking into the postmaster log file.  The described symptoms
      sound like the postmaster is failing to start when given this setting,
      and the log should offer some clue as to why.

      I think we've seen similar reports that eventually traced to local DNS
      misconfiguration, but that's theorizing in advance of the evidence.

                  regards, tom lane

    thx.
    That is what the log says:
    2017-06-04 10:25:38 ICT [938-1] LOG:  invalid connection type
    "listen_addresses"
    2017-06-04 10:25:38 ICT [938-2] CONTEXT:  line 74 of configuration file
    "/etc/postgresql/9.5/main/pg_hba.conf"
    2017-06-04 10:25:38 ICT [938-3] FATAL:  could not load pg_hba.conf

    That is line 74
    listen_addresses = '*'

    copied from manual

    so i am lost

 The listen_addresses parameter goes in:  postgresql.conf

doug

[ADMIN] Re: listen_addresses = '*' postgresql 9.5 does not allow localconnect

От
kschindl
Дата:
thx that was it.

Re: [ADMIN] Re: listen_addresses = '*' postgresql 9.5 does not allowlocal connect

От
Steven Chang
Дата:
Hello,

  check your pg_hba.conf.
here is my record :
local   all             all                                     md5

then testing connection :
oot@jessie:/etc/postgresql/9.6/main6# psql -U postgres -p 5437
Password for user postgres:
psql (9.6.3)