Обсуждение: [ADMIN] postgresql admin

[ADMIN] postgresql admin

От
"Gone, Sajan"
Дата:
Hi All,

     Recently we have created coupIe of postgres instances in our enterprise and I am pretty new to postgres DB administration. All of these postgres instances are running on Solaris Smart OS systems. We want to set up LDAP user access to our team(Database) members and I am pretty new to LDAP and not exactly sure how to set it LDAP on a posters server. Please let me know the proper way to accomplish this.

Any documentation on this is highly appreciated.

Below are the OS specifications:
-bash-4.3$ uname -a
SunOS cmh-dbdevtools-002 5.11 joyent_20160622T234741Z i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris

Thanks,
Sajan Gone.

Notice: This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by email, and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing them. LB may, for any reason, intercept, access, use, and disclose any information that is communicated by or through, or which is stored on, its networks, applications, services, and devices.

Re: [ADMIN] postgresql admin

От
Stéphane KANSCHINE
Дата:
Le mer. 22 févr., vers 19:45, Gone, Sajan exprimait :

> Hi All,

Hey !

>      Recently we have created coupIe of postgres instances in our
>      enterprise and I am pretty new to postgres DB administration.
>      All of these postgres instances are running on Solaris Smart OS
>      systems. We want to set up LDAP user access to our
>      team(Database) members and I am pretty new to LDAP and not
>      exactly sure how to set it LDAP on a posters server. Please let
>      me know the proper way to accomplish this.

You just have to edit your pg_hba.conf like this (first result for ldap
auth postgresql on duckduckgo) :
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/LDAP_Authentication_against_AD

Stéphane KANSCHINE - http://www.hexack.fr./ - http://www.nuajik.com./
@ stephane@hexack.fr
  +33 6 64 31 72 52

Re: [ADMIN] postgresql admin

От
"Gone, Sajan"
Дата:
Thanks Stephane.

This is very helpful. I will give it a try as recommended and keep you
posted on how it goes.
Appreciate your thoughts on this

Thank You,
Sajan Gone