Обсуждение: BUG #4041: error in Application Stack Builder

BUG #4041: error in Application Stack Builder

От
"keith chan"
Дата:

Bug reference:      4041
Logged by:          keith chan
Email address:      chank@lesa.net
PostgreSQL version: 8.3
Operating system:   Windows XP with SP2
Details:

I did followings

1. click Start at bottom-left of Windows XP and select Programs

2. select PostgreSQL 8.3 and Application Stack Builder

3.  In Stack Builder dialog form, select PosgreSQL Database Server 8.3 on
port 5432 in dropdown list

4. click Next button. It shows a error dialog form Stack Builder Error with
message
"Failed to open the application list:
http://www.postgresql.org/applications.xml

Error: The URL specified could not be opened."

Re: BUG #4041: error in Application Stack Builder

От
"Dave Page"
>  The following bug has been logged online:
>
>  Bug reference:      4041
>  Logged by:          keith chan
>  Email address:      chank@lesa.net
>  PostgreSQL version: 8.3
>  Operating system:   Windows XP with SP2
>  Details:
>
>  I did followings
>
>  1. click Start at bottom-left of Windows XP and select Programs
>
>  2. select PostgreSQL 8.3 and Application Stack Builder
>
>  3.  In Stack Builder dialog form, select PosgreSQL Database Server 8.3 on
>  port 5432 in dropdown list
>
>  4. click Next button. It shows a error dialog form Stack Builder Error with
>  message
>  "Failed to open the application list:
>  http://www.postgresql.org/applications.xml
>
>  Error: The URL specified could not be opened."

Works fine from here. Can you open the file in your browser?

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: BUG #4041: error in Application Stack Builder

От
"Chan, Keith \(LESA IT\)"
>  The following bug has been logged online:
>
>  Bug reference:      4041
>  Logged by:          keith chan
>  Email address:      chank@lesa.net
>  PostgreSQL version: 8.3
>  Operating system:   Windows XP with SP2
>  Details:
>
>  I did followings
>
>  1. click Start at bottom-left of Windows XP and select Programs
>
>  2. select PostgreSQL 8.3 and Application Stack Builder
>
>  3.  In Stack Builder dialog form, select PosgreSQL Database Server
8.3 on
>  port 5432 in dropdown list
>
>  4. click Next button. It shows a error dialog form Stack Builder
Error with
>  message
>  "Failed to open the application list:
>  http://www.postgresql.org/applications.xml
>
>  Error: The URL specified could not be opened."

Works fine from here. Can you open the file in your browser?

--=20
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: BUG #4041: error in Application Stack Builder

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Chan, Keith (LESA IT) <ChanK@lesa.net> wrote:
> I can.

OK, please try StackBuilder again in case it was a glitch. If it still
doesn't work, perhaps you need to feed it some proxy server info on
the first page?

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: BUG #4041: error in Application Stack Builder

От
"Chan, Keith \(LESA IT\)"
Дата:
Can you tell me what I need to enter at HTTP proxy and Port, FTP proxy
and Port?

Thanks

Keith=20

OK, please try StackBuilder again in case it was a glitch. If it still
doesn't work, perhaps you need to feed it some proxy server info on
the first page?

--=20
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: BUG #4041: error in Application Stack Builder

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Chan, Keith (LESA IT) <ChanK@lesa.net> wrote:
> Can you tell me what I need to enter at HTTP proxy and Port, FTP proxy
> and Port?

No idea - those details (if required) are specific to your network.
You should check with your local administrator.

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: BUG #4041: error in Application Stack Builder

От
"Chan, Keith \(LESA IT\)"
Дата:
I did enter them, but got the same problem.

Actually what I want is to install PostGIS for the PostgreSQL 8.3.

I did install PostGIS for PostgreSQL 8.2. That was easy. But PostGIS
said I need to do this way to install PostGIS for PostgreSQL 8.3. I
don't know why make the installation so troublesome for the version.=20

Thanks

Keith