Обсуждение: Bug Report: Left arrow in Object Browser does not collapse

Bug Report: Left arrow in Object Browser does not collapse

От
Richard Tallent
Дата:
Hi,

I’m new to the PostgreSql world and pgAdmin, so please go easy if I’m not reporting this in the right place.

Environment:

OS X 10.11
Mac Pro (2009)
pgAdmin 1.20.0 (Oct 6, 2015, downloaded and installed this past week)
User language English

When using the Object Browser in the main form, the right arrow key works as expected, expanding nodes, but the left
arrowworks the same way as the up arrow (i.e., moving back to the previous sibling or parent, not collapsing).

It’s been a bazillion years since I’ve done C++ desktop programming (I’m a web app guy), but I did check the latest
mirrorin GitHub and the code in question (pgadmin3/ctl/ctlTree.cpp, line 325) appears to be set up to do what I would
expect.It also appears that the form is sending the key event (pgadmin/frm/events.cpp, line 146). So, I’m at a loss for
whatcould be happening.

If there’s anything I can test, please let me know.

Thanks,

Richard Tallent

Re: Bug Report: Left arrow in Object Browser does not collapse

Дата:
On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 09:24:06PM -0600, Richard Tallent wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m new to the PostgreSql world and pgAdmin, so please go easy if I’m not reporting this in the right place.

I think you want to post here:

    http://www.pgadmin.org/support/
    http://www.pgadmin.org/support/list.php

Frankly, I am confused why there is no easy way shown to send email to
that list without subscribing.

+ Roman grave inscription                             +

Re: Bug Report: Left arrow in Object Browser does not collapse

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 09:24:06PM -0600, Richard Tallent wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I’m new to the PostgreSql world and pgAdmin, so please go easy if I’m not reporting this in the right place.
>
> I think you want to post here:
>
>         http://www.pgadmin.org/support/
>         http://www.pgadmin.org/support/list.php
>
> Frankly, I am confused why there is no easy way shown to send email to
> that list without subscribing.

How is it any different from the rest of postgresql.org?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Bug Report: Left arrow in Object Browser does not collapse

Дата:
On Tue, Dec  1, 2015 at 10:41:55AM +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 09:24:06PM -0600, Richard Tallent wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I’m new to the PostgreSql world and pgAdmin, so please go easy if I’m not reporting this in the right place.
> >
> > I think you want to post here:
> >
> >         http://www.pgadmin.org/support/
> >         http://www.pgadmin.org/support/list.php
> >
> > Frankly, I am confused why there is no easy way shown to send email to
> > that list without subscribing.
>
> How is it any different from the rest of postgresql.org?

Well, there is a bug report form on the postgresql.org site.  I also
thought we listed the email address of each list in case they wanted to
post without subscribing (using moderation), but I don't see that on our
site either -- perhaps both sites need improvement for that.

+ Roman grave inscription                             +