Обсуждение: Request for help

Request for help

От
ramanajvv@gmail.com
Дата:
Hi,

We have recently converted our db2 database to PostgreSQL and we stuck on one thing I,e Authentication of users.

Let me explain what was in DB2,

We have a unix group "mhubrpt" on DB2 unix server and have connect permissions to DB2 database for that group.
Whenever user needs access to DB2 database we will add that user to DB2 unix server and assign to group mhubrpt, then
userwas getting access to DB2 database.
If user wants to connect DB2 database through graphical tool like Toad from any other windows operated machine he used
togive unix server login credential (userid and password) at Tool.

We are planning to maintain same type of authentication in PostgreSQL, can you please help us.

Thanks,
Veera

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Request for help

От
Shivakumar Ramannavar
Дата:
Hi,

Even I am new but I think we need to configure in pga-hba config file as below:

Thanks!
Shiva

[...]

Jan Lentfer
Дата:

Re: Request for help

От
Christian Ullrich
Дата:
* ramanajvv@gmail.com wrote:

> We have a unix group "mhubrpt" on DB2 unix server and have connect permissions to DB2 database for that group.
> Whenever user needs access to DB2 database we will add that user to DB2 unix server and assign to group mhubrpt, then
userwas getting access to DB2 database.
> If user wants to connect DB2 database through graphical tool like Toad from any other windows operated machine he
usedto give unix server login credential (userid and password) at Tool.

> We are planning to maintain same type of authentication in PostgreSQL, can you please help us.

You should be able to use PAM authentication, but you will have to
duplicate the users/groups in the database as well because PostgreSQL
does not refer to the system's user accounts.

If you want to create users in only one place, that must be the database.

--
Christian