Обсуждение: Only WAL archive left. Need to restore data.

Only WAL archive left. Need to restore data.

От
Sergey Arlashin
Дата:
Hi,
I have 2GB backup of WAL archive folder but the backup of postgres database cluster directory is lost.
However I need to restore any data possible from these WAL logs.

Is that possible? What do I do to get the data.

Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,
Sergey Arlashin

Re: Only WAL archive left. Need to restore data.

От
Albe Laurenz
Дата:
Sergey Arlashin wrote:
> I have 2GB backup of WAL archive folder but the backup of postgres database cluster directory is lost.
> However I need to restore any data possible from these WAL logs.
>
> Is that possible? What do I do to get the data.

Unfortunately that is impossible.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: Only WAL archive left. Need to restore data.

От
bricklen

I haven't used it personally, but xlogdump might work somewhat: https://github.com/snaga/xlogdump