Обсуждение: Simple question on fail over and config files

Simple question on fail over and config files

От
Jorge Torralba
Дата:
I have a primary and secondary running streaming replication with 9.2. Primary posgresql.conf file is slightly different than standby server conf file. If i create the trigger file to force the standby into primary mode, is there a way to make the new primary server  use a different config file configured for a primary after it becomes the primary besides shutting it down and loading the new primary config file? Or can we just leave it running as a primary using the config file it used as a standby?

Jorge Torralba
----------------------------

Note: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error and delete the copy you received. Thank You.

Re: Simple question on fail over and config files

От
Sergey Konoplev
Дата:
On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Jorge Torralba
<jorge.torralba@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a primary and secondary running streaming replication with 9.2.
> Primary posgresql.conf file is slightly different than standby server conf
> file. If i create the trigger file to force the standby into primary mode,
> is there a way to make the new primary server  use a different config file
> configured for a primary after it becomes the primary besides shutting it
> down and loading the new primary config file?

Unfortunately, there is no such a way.

> Or can we just leave it
> running as a primary using the config file it used as a standby?

Yes, you can.

You can also use the same config file for standby as on the master if
you does not do anything that requires a specific configuration on
standby, of course.

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
Phone: USA +1 (415) 867-9984, Russia +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com