Обсуждение: security update 9.1.9 RE: RPM

security update 9.1.9 RE: RPM

От
dx k9
RE: security patch on CentOS6
 http://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php

Hi, I have upgraded to 9.1.9 for most of my systems (source code installs), but we have one system that was installed with postgresql 9.1 on centOS with the RPM.   However, it looks like pgdg-centos91-9.1-4.noarch.rpm.1 is still the latest RPM available.   Was there no new security release for the RPM's?  IOW, was the vulnerability only for installations installed from source code?   If so, I won't worry about the upgrade (nothing to upgrade).

~DjK

Re: security update 9.1.9 RE: RPM

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Tue, 2013-04-23 at 09:22 -0400, dx k9 wrote:
> RE: security patch on CentOS6
> http://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php Hi, I have upgraded to
> 9.1.9 for most of my systems (source code installs), but we have one
> system that was installed with postgresql 9.1 on centOS with the RPM.
> However, it looks like pgdg-centos91-9.1-4.noarch.rpm.1 is still the
> latest RPM available.   Was there no new security release for the
> RPM's?

That rpm is the repository RPM -- 9.1-4 is the version of the *repo*
RPM. All you should do is running

yum update postgresql91*

That will update your packages. FWIW, CentOS 6 9.1 RPMs are here:
http://yum.postgresql.org/9.1/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/

and

http://yum.postgresql.org/9.1/redhat/rhel-6-i386/

Devrim GÜNDÜZ