Обсуждение: Unaccent contrib module for PostgreSQL 8

Unaccent contrib module for PostgreSQL 8

От
Daniel Vázquez
Дата:
Hi guys,

I read in Unaccent contrib module that's compatible with PostgresSQL 8.4 and 9.x

I know it is by default on PostgreSQL 9.x contrib folder, but how I can install it on a PostgreSQL 8.4 production running Server??. Unaccent module is not in postgresql 8.4 contrib folder by default.

Thanks!

Re: Unaccent contrib module for PostgreSQL 8

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Wed, 2011-09-21 at 15:29 +0200, Daniel Vázquez wrote:

> I read in Unaccent contrib module that's compatible with PostgresSQL
> 8.4 and 9.x

Too lazy to check the docs, but IIRC unaccent was added in 9.0.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Unaccent contrib module for PostgreSQL 8

Дата:
Devrim =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=DCND=DCZ?= <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
> On Wed, 2011-09-21 at 15:29 +0200, Daniel Vázquez wrote:
>> I read in Unaccent contrib module that's compatible with PostgresSQL
>> 8.4 and 9.x

> Too lazy to check the docs, but IIRC unaccent was added in 9.0.

Yeah, it's only shipped with the standard contrib modules as of 9.0.
If the documentation says it will work with 8.4, that means you could
build the source code against 8.4 header files and it would work.
But you will not find any prepackaged version of unaccent for 8.4 ---
build from source is the only way.

            regards, tom lane