Обсуждение: validating database integrity

validating database integrity

От
Scott Ribe
Дата:
Just had a hard crash, and pg came back looking ok. However, crash was in the driver for the (battery-backed) RAID
card,and I know for a fact that one file that was written to the (journaled) file system before the crash was not there
afterreboot. So, what steps are recommended to make sure pg files are ok?

Yeah, battery-backed cache does no good if the driver is crap...

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

Re: validating database integrity

От
lst_hoe02@kwsoft.de
Дата:
Zitat von Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com>:

> Just had a hard crash, and pg came back looking ok. However, crash
> was in the driver for the (battery-backed) RAID card, and I know for
> a fact that one file that was written to the (journaled) file system
> before the crash was not there after reboot. So, what steps are
> recommended to make sure pg files are ok?

I would say a full dump will let you know, at least for the data.

> Yeah, battery-backed cache does no good if the driver is crap...

Or the battery is leaking :-)

Regards

Andreas

Вложения