Обсуждение: Where is the source code for v8.4.5

Where is the source code for v8.4.5

От
Muruganand Karthikeyan
Дата:
Anyone know where I can get the source for postgres 8.4.5 ?? I've been
looking in the download mirrors and all I see is version 8.4.6/8.4.7
and so on.... what about version 8.4.5??? If all else fails, is there
a way to do a checkout of the source for v8.4.5?

Thanks,
-Muruganand

Re: Where is the source code for v8.4.5

От
Muruganand Karthikeyan
Дата:
> http://olex.openlogic.com/packages/postgresql/
>
> Cheers

Thanks for the link ... But i'm looking for the source code and not
the pre-built binaries..... I need to compile it for my archaic
machine and pre-built binaries with all their dependencies wont work
for me.

Where is the source code for v8.4.5

От
Muruganand Karthikeyan
Дата:
> If the source code is not shown against the version, then it's probably
> not available for that version.

Hmm..... then isnt there anyway for me to get the source code... I
could always pull it out of some source rpms from a centos repo.  But
I would like to get my hands on the official source package supplied
by postgres.

Would the source files in SRPMs be the same as the one available in
the postgres download mirrors?

Re: Where is the source code for v8.4.5

От
Muruganand Karthikeyan
Дата:
> Is there any reason it has to be 8.4.5? As it seems 8.4.4 is available.

Thanks to Philippe for the link:
ftp://ftp-archives.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.4.5/

Yes it has to be version 8.4.5, since we have already upgraded at an
organizational level to 8.4.4, so the next obvious upgrade would be to
8.4.5    :)

Re: Where is the source code for v8.4.5

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 12:38 +0530, Muruganand Karthikeyan wrote:

> Yes it has to be version 8.4.5, since we have already upgraded at an
> organizational level to 8.4.4, so the next obvious upgrade would be to
> 8.4.5    :)

This is not the right path, IMHO.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Where is the source code for v8.4.5

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
Muruganand Karthikeyan <muruthegun@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes it has to be version 8.4.5, since we have already upgraded at
> an organizational level to 8.4.4, so the next obvious upgrade
> would be to 8.4.5    :)

Actually, the next obvious upgrade at this moment would be to 8.4.8,
unless you feel a need to give each bug which has been fixed a
sporting chance at your data.

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning

You might want to read through the release notes for 8.4.6 to 8.4.8
to see what you are excluding by going to 8.4.5.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/release.html

-Kevin