Обсуждение: Shared_buffer limited by SO

Shared_buffer limited by SO

От
Fábio Gibon - Comex System
Дата:
Hi,
    are there how define high more than 512Mb to shared_buffer on windows?

thanks

Fábio Henrique Gibon

Re: Shared_buffer limited by SO

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
Fábio Gibon - Comex System<gibon@comexsystem.com.br> wrote:

> are there how define high more than 512Mb to shared_buffer on
> windows?

What happens when you set it higher than that?

Also, it would be useful to know the version of PostgreSQL, the
version of Windows, the amount of RAM on the system, etc.

-Kevin

Re: Shared_buffer limited by SO

От
Fábio Gibon - Comex System
Дата:
> Fábio Gibon - Comex System<gibon@comexsystem.com.br> wrote:
>
>> are there how define high more than 512Mb to shared_buffer on
>> windows?
>
> What happens when you set it higher than that?

Database don't start e show this message (português):
2011-04-12 12:10:22 BRT FATAL:  não pôde criar segmento de memória
compartilhada: 8 (can't create a shared memory segment)
2011-04-12 12:10:22 BRT DETALHE:  Falhou ao executar chamada de sistema
MapViewOfFileEx. (fail on run system call mapviewoffileex, or like this...)

> Also, it would be useful to know the version of PostgreSQL, the
> version of Windows, the amount of RAM on the system, etc.
Windows Server 2003 - Standard Edition - SP1 - 32bits
PostgreSQL 8.4.3
RAM 4GB
This error ocurred when I try set shared_buffers to 1GB, with 768MB work
fine.