Обсуждение: restore database files

restore database files

От
gosta100
Дата:
Hello everyone,

   I have a copy of the data folder of a Windows postgres installation. Is
it possible to restore the databases contained in there to another postgres
server?

Thank you.

Re: restore database files

От
Frederiko Costa
Дата:
Yes, it is. Have a look at pg_dump utility. The documentation contains plenty of examples.

  I have a copy of the data folder of a Windows postgres installation. Is
it possible to restore the databases contained in there to another postgres
server?

Thank you.

Re: restore database files

От
Jasen Betts
Дата:
On 2010-12-14, gosta100 <stathisgotsis@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
>    I have a copy of the data folder of a Windows postgres installation. Is
> it possible to restore the databases contained in there to another postgres
> server?

yes, you'll need to correct the permissions on the files and run copy them
onto an equivalent version of postgres for windows.

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural