Обсуждение: log_file_mode

log_file_mode

От
Dinesh Bhandary
Дата:
Hi All - Is log_file_mode parameter available for postgres 9.0 only? Ran
into a bit of problems with log permission and came across a new GUC
"log_file_mode". But I could not seem to find much docs on it and I am
not sure if it is production ready.
Can patches be applied to older version of postgres? We use 8.2 and 8.4.
Also interested in learning if there is an easy work around to
installing new GUC.

Thanks everyone.

Dinesh

Re: log_file_mode

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 13/12/2010 21:03, Dinesh Bhandary a écrit :
> Hi All - Is log_file_mode parameter available for postgres 9.0 only? Ran
> into a bit of problems with log permission and came across a new GUC
> "log_file_mode". But I could not seem to find much docs on it and I am
> not sure if it is production ready.

It's not even 9.0 material. It got applied to the current development
branch. It should be available with 9.1.

> Can patches be applied to older version of postgres? We use 8.2 and 8.4.

You can try, it could work. I won't bet on this though.

> Also interested in learning if there is an easy work around to
> installing new GUC.

Apart from modifying the source code? nope.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr