Обсуждение: Transaction ID's and Vacuum

Transaction ID's and Vacuum

От
Samuel Stearns

Howdy,

I’ve got an old 7.4.5 instance of Postgres running on Linux.  My transaction ID’s are just over the 1 billion mark.  I ran an instance wide vacuum analyse but this had now effect on the transaction ID count.  Do I need to run a vacuum full?

Thanks,

Sam

Re: Transaction ID's and Vacuum

Дата:
Samuel Stearns <SStearns@internode.com.au> writes:
> I've got an old 7.4.5 instance of Postgres running on Linux.  My transaction ID's are just over the 1 billion mark.
Iran an instance wide vacuum analyse but this had now effect on the transaction ID count.  Do I need to run a vacuum
full?

No.  There is no need to worry.  The transaction counter will march up
to 4 billion and then wrap around, if you keep the instance going that
long.  This is not a problem.

            regards, tom lane