Обсуждение: Slony-I installation Package compatible with PostgreSQL 8.4

Slony-I installation Package compatible with PostgreSQL 8.4

От
"Vishnu S."

Please tell me, from where I will get the complete Slony-I iinstallation package, compatible with PostgreSQL 8.4.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishnu S

Re: Slony-I installation Package compatible with PostgreSQL 8.4

От
Vibhor Kumar
Дата:
On Sep 27, 2010, at 3:41 PM, Vishnu S. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please tell me, from where I will get the complete Slony-I iinstallation package, compatible with PostgreSQL 8.4.

You can compile the slony source code against the PG 8.4. Slony Source Code location: http://www.slony.info/downloads/

Or

If you have installed postgreSQL 84 using One-CLick Installer, then using stackbuilder you would be able to download
theslony

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar (PCP & OCP)
ITIL V3 Cerftified.
Web:www.EnterpriseDB.com

Re: Slony-I installation Package compatible with PostgreSQL 8.4

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 15:41 +0530, Vishnu S. wrote:

> Please tell me, from where I will get the complete Slony-I
> iinstallation package, compatible with PostgreSQL 8.4.

Which platform is this? How did you install PostgreSQL?
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Re: Slony-I installation Package compatible with PostgreSQL 8.4

От
"Vishnu S."
Дата:
Hi,

On Installing using One-Click Installer The stack-builder shows an error
message "Failed to open application list
http://www.postgresql.org/applications-v2.xml  Error: The URL specified
could not be opened." Even after setting the proxy used in the IE
tools->options menu, the same message is shown. But when the URL is
opened separately in browser, the XML file is displayed.

Thanks & Regards,
Vishnu S

On Sep 27, 2010, at 3:41 PM, Vishnu S. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please tell me, from where I will get the complete Slony-I
iinstallation package, compatible with PostgreSQL 8.4.

You can compile the slony source code against the PG 8.4. Slony Source
Code location: http://www.slony.info/downloads/

Or

If you have installed postgreSQL 84 using One-CLick Installer, then
using stackbuilder you would be able to download the slony

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar (PCP & OCP)
ITIL V3 Cerftified.
Web:www.EnterpriseDB.com

Re: Serial key is different in master and slave machine

От
Vibhor Kumar
Дата:
On Dec 18, 2010, at 5:55 PM, Vishnu S. wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am usinf Slony slony-I-2.0.2 in windows. I have a Master and a slave
> machine. When the master machine is failed, I have executed the failover
> script and the slave is switched to master. My problem is that while
> inserting a record into the current master machine, it will show an
> error saying that Duplicate key value. Please help me to overcome this
> error

This means you haven't replicated the Sequences using Slony on Slave.

To overcome this problem, you have reset the sequences on New Master using Following command:
 SELECT pg_catalog.setval('<sequencenumber>', <nextvalof sequence on Old Master>, true);

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar (PCP & OCP)
ITIL V3 Cerftified.

Serial key is different in master and slave machine

От
"Vishnu S."

I am usinf Slony slony-I-2.0.2 in windows. I have a Master and a slave
machine. When the master machine is failed, I have executed the failover
script and the slave is switched to master. My problem is that while
inserting a record into the current master machine, it will show an
error saying that Duplicate key value. Please help me to overcome this
error
***** Confidentiality Statement/Disclaimer *****

This message and any attachments is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient. It may contain confidential
information.Any unauthorized use, dissemination or modification is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient,please notify the sender immediately then delete it from all your systems, and do not copy, use or print.
Internetcommunications are not secure and it is the responsibility of the recipient to make sure that it is
virus/maliciouscode exempt.
The company/sender cannot be responsible for any unauthorized alterations or modifications made to the contents. If you
requireany form of confirmation of the contents, please contact the company/sender. The company/sender is not liable
forany errors or omissions in the content of this message.