Обсуждение: Use hardware snapshots to restore postgres

Use hardware snapshots to restore postgres

От
jigar shah
Дата:
Postgres Guru’s

Do you guys know the procedure to use hardware snapshots (for eg 3par) to restore postgres database? Is there somewhere I can find good documentation to do this?

I’d like to do the following

# put the database in the backup mode
# take an filesystem snap
# get the database out of the backup mode
# mount the snap on a different host
# bring up postgres and start querying.

Help appreciated

Regards
Jigar

Re: Use hardware snapshots to restore postgres

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 12:45 PM, jigar shah
<jigar@aggregateknowledge.com> wrote:
> Postgres Guru’s
>
> Do you guys know the procedure to use hardware snapshots (for eg 3par) to
> restore postgres database? Is there somewhere I can find good documentation
> to do this?

Did you even read the section of the docs on this I suggested?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/continuous-archiving.html