Обсуждение: Recover postgres database

Recover postgres database

От
nalini
Дата:
I am unable to recover my data due hard disk errors. Although I am able to start the postgres service.
even pgfsck fails after some. Any hope of recovery? Please let me know any thing that can be done.

The server was located at user site and even the backups are not getting restored. I have more than one backup and none of them are working. They fail with the message somenumber.dat header missing or file missing.

please help

Nalini S. Nautiyal

Re: Recover postgres database

От
S Arvind
Дата:
Is the backup is made by pg_dump or copying the entire data folder?

-Arvind S

"Many of lifes failure are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
-Thomas Edison

I am unable to recover my data due hard disk errors. Although I am able to start the postgres service.
even pgfsck fails after some. Any hope of recovery? Please let me know any thing that can be done.

The server was located at user site and even the backups are not getting restored. I have more than one backup and none of them are working. They fail with the message somenumber.dat header missing or file missing.

please help

Nalini S. Nautiyal

Re: Recover postgres database

От
nalini
Backup is with pg_dump -Ft command ie tar backup

> Is the backup is made by pg_dump or copying the entire data folder?
>
> -Arvind S
>

> "Many of lifes failure are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
> -Thomas Edison
>

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 5:01 PM, nalini <nalini@nic.in> wrote:
> I am unable to recover my data due hard disk errors. Although I am able to start the postgres service.
> even pgfsck fails after some. Any hope of recovery? Please let me know any thing that can be done.
>
> The server was located at user site and even the backups are not getting restored. I have more than one backup and none of them are working. They fail with the message somenumber.dat header missing or file missing.
>
> please help
>

> Nalini S. Nautiyal

Nalini S. Nautiyal
System Software Division
NIC HQ
New Delhi
Ph 24360324,24305121,24305131

Re: Recover postgres database

От
S Arvind
Дата:
Hope there is bad sector. Did u checked restoring the backup DB to ur local server?

Backup is with pg_dump -Ft command ie tar backup

> Is the backup is made by pg_dump or copying the entire data folder?
>
> -Arvind S
>

> "Many of lifes failure are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
> -Thomas Edison
>

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 5:01 PM, nalini <nalini@nic.in> wrote:
> I am unable to recover my data due hard disk errors. Although I am able to start the postgres service.
> even pgfsck fails after some. Any hope of recovery? Please let me know any thing that can be done.
>
> The server was located at user site and even the backups are not getting restored. I have more than one backup and none of them are working. They fail with the message somenumber.dat header missing or file missing.
>
> please help
>

> Nalini S. Nautiyal

Nalini S. Nautiyal
System Software Division
NIC HQ
New Delhi
Ph 24360324,24305121,24305131

Re: Recover postgres database

От
nalini
Yes there are bad sectors . I tried to restore backup on a local server but the dump fails with the error somenumber.dat missing