Обсуждение: exporting schema from 64 bit install onto 32 bit

exporting schema from 64 bit install onto 32 bit

От
Anj Adu
Дата:
Hi

We are certifying a postgres 8.4 version on a 64 bit platform. We also
need to support 32 bit. Can we dump the schema from the 64 bit install
and import that with a 32 bit install ?

Re: exporting schema from 64 bit install onto 32 bit

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Anj Adu<fotographs@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are certifying a postgres 8.4 version on a 64 bit platform. We also
> need to support 32 bit. Can we dump the schema from the 64 bit install
> and import that with a 32 bit install ?

Yes.  It's only the on-disk representation that's incompatible between
different versions / architectures.