Обсуждение: Just Forgot

Just Forgot

От
OldManRiver
Дата:
All,

Do not use PG that often and have it installed on several PCs. Have it
turned off normally so have to go to:

Start + All Programs + System Tools + Administrative Tools + Services

find PG in the list and start. Then I open my pgAdminIII and attempt login.

Somehow it is not accepting the UID/PWD combo I set for this, and I have
forgotten the defaults, so can not get in. I have been looking for the
install notes to find the defaults but forgot where I put them and could not
find online.

A quick help with HOWTO URL would be nice right now!

Thanks!

OMR

Re: Just Forgot

От
Guido Barosio
Дата:
David,

    You need to set your pg_hba.conf method to trust for your
connection and reload your configuration (service). That way you'll be
able to get into your database and change your pwd.

Regards,
gb.-

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:49 AM, OldManRiver<davisoft@megsinet.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> Do not use PG that often and have it installed on several PCs. Have it
> turned off normally so have to go to:
>
> Start + All Programs + System Tools + Administrative Tools + Services
>
> find PG in the list and start. Then I open my pgAdminIII and attempt login.
>
> Somehow it is not accepting the UID/PWD combo I set for this, and I have
> forgotten the defaults, so can not get in. I have been looking for the
> install notes to find the defaults but forgot where I put them and could not
> find online.
>
> A quick help with HOWTO URL would be nice right now!
>
> Thanks!
>
> OMR

Re: Just Forgot

От
OldManRiver
Дата:
Explain please!

Guido Barosio wrote:

> David,
>
>     You need to set your pg_hba.conf method to trust for your
> connection and reload your configuration (service). That way you'll be
> able to get into your database and change your pwd.
>
> Regards,
> gb.-
>
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:49 AM, OldManRiver<davisoft@megsinet.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> Do not use PG that often and have it installed on several PCs. Have it
>> turned off normally so have to go to:
>>
>> Start + All Programs + System Tools + Administrative Tools + Services
>>
>> find PG in the list and start. Then I open my pgAdminIII and attempt
>> login.
>>
>> Somehow it is not accepting the UID/PWD combo I set for this, and I have
>> forgotten the defaults, so can not get in. I have been looking for the
>> install notes to find the defaults but forgot where I put them and could
>> not
>> find online.
>>
>> A quick help with HOWTO URL would be nice right now!
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> OMR
>> --

Re: Just Forgot

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
OldManRiver wrote:

> Somehow it is not accepting the UID/PWD combo I set for this, and I have
> forgotten the defaults, so can not get in. I have been looking for the
> install notes to find the defaults but forgot where I put them and could not
> find online.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/FAQ#I_lost_the_database_password.__What_can_I_do_to_recover_it.3F

Re: Just Forgot

От
OldManRiver
Дата:
All,

I had to change both entries to "trust" for it to work and also changed the
passwords and set up backup admin user.

Thanks!

OMR