Обсуждение: Implementing PITR

Implementing PITR

От
venkat ramana
Дата:
Hi,

I am planning to implement PITR in Postgres.
Can someone please provide me the details of step by step information on implementing backup and recovery using PITR mechanism.

Thanks
Venkat.

MSN Entertainment updates you on the latest blockbusters from Bollywood with MSN News.

Re: Implementing PITR

От
Gerd König
Дата:
Hi Venkat,

try this one as a good starting point:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/backup-online.html

regards..GERD..

--
/===============================\
| Gerd König
| - Infrastruktur -
|
| TRANSPOREON GmbH
| Pfarrer-Weiss-Weg 12
| DE - 89077 Ulm
|

| Tel: +49 [0]731 16906 16
| Fax: +49 [0]731 16906 99
| Web: www.transporeon.com

\===============================/

Bleiben Sie auf dem Laufenden.
Jetzt den Transporeon Newsletter abonnieren!
http://www.transporeon.com/unternehmen_newsletter.shtml

TRANSPOREON GmbH, Amtsgericht Ulm, HRB 722056
Geschäftsf.: Axel Busch, Peter Förster, Roland Hötzl, Marc-Oliver Simon

Re: Implementing PITR

От
Chander Ganesan
Дата:
Gerd König wrote:
> Hi Venkat,
>
> try this one as a good starting point:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/backup-online.html

Or the more current version of the documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/continuous-archiving.html

Generally its best to use the docs that deal with the version of PG that
you have.  There have been some changes (mostly related to continuous
PITR) changes in post 8.1 releases...

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.