Обсуждение: Pg 8.3.6 installation

Pg 8.3.6 installation

От
Isabella Ghiurea
Дата:
Trying to compile Postgres 8.3.6 and configure fails with readline lib
missing, I have readline installed ,  please see all info bellow,
OS:  Linux RHES  x-64 bits installation.

postgresql-8.3.6$ locate readline
/usr/lib/libreadline.so.5
/usr/lib/libreadline.so.5.1
/usr/lib64/libreadline.so.5
/usr/lib64/libreadline.so.5.1
/usr/lib64/python2.4/lib-dynload/readline.so
/usr/share/info/readline.info.gz
/usr/share/man/man3/readline.3.gz
/usr/share/systemimager/boot/i386/standard/initrd_template/lib/libreadline.so.5
/usr/share/systemimager/boot/i386/standard/initrd_template/lib/bittorrent/readline.so
/usr/share/vim/vim70/ftplugin/readline.vim
/usr/share/vim/vim70/indent/readline.vim
/usr/share/vim/vim70/syntax/readline.vim

postgresql-8.3.6$ ./configure --prefix /var/lib/postgres8_3_6/
--with-libraries=/usr/lib64/libreadline.so.5.1:/usr/lib/libreadline.so.5:/usr/share/:/usr/src/
--with-includes=/usr/lib64/:/usr/lib/:/usr/share/:/usr/src/
--enable-debug

checking for main in -lm... yes
checking for library containing setproctitle... no
checking for library containing dlopen... -ldl
checking for library containing socket... none required
checking for library containing shl_load... no
checking for library containing getopt_long... none required
checking for library containing crypt... -lcrypt
checking for library containing fdatasync... none required
checking for library containing shmget... none required
checking for -lreadline... no
checking for -ledit... no
configure: error: readline library not found
If you have readline already installed, see config.log for details on the
failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper directory.
Use --without-readline to disable readline support.

Re: Pg 8.3.6 installation

От
Ray Stell
Дата:
do you have dev installed?

$ rpm -qa | grep readline-dev
readline-devel-5.1-1.1

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:06:17PM -0800, Isabella Ghiurea wrote:
> Trying to compile Postgres 8.3.6 and configure fails with readline lib
> missing, I have readline installed ,  please see all info bellow,
> OS:  Linux RHES  x-64 bits installation.
>
> postgresql-8.3.6$ locate readline
> /usr/lib/libreadline.so.5
> /usr/lib/libreadline.so.5.1
> /usr/lib64/libreadline.so.5
> /usr/lib64/libreadline.so.5.1
> /usr/lib64/python2.4/lib-dynload/readline.so
> /usr/share/info/readline.info.gz
> /usr/share/man/man3/readline.3.gz
> /usr/share/systemimager/boot/i386/standard/initrd_template/lib/libreadline.so.5
> /usr/share/systemimager/boot/i386/standard/initrd_template/lib/bittorrent/readline.so
> /usr/share/vim/vim70/ftplugin/readline.vim
> /usr/share/vim/vim70/indent/readline.vim
> /usr/share/vim/vim70/syntax/readline.vim
>
> postgresql-8.3.6$ ./configure --prefix /var/lib/postgres8_3_6/
> --with-libraries=/usr/lib64/libreadline.so.5.1:/usr/lib/libreadline.so.5:/usr/share/:/usr/src/
> --with-includes=/usr/lib64/:/usr/lib/:/usr/share/:/usr/src/ --enable-debug
>

> checking for main in -lm... yes
> checking for library containing setproctitle... no
> checking for library containing dlopen... -ldl
> checking for library containing socket... none required
> checking for library containing shl_load... no
> checking for library containing getopt_long... none required
> checking for library containing crypt... -lcrypt
> checking for library containing fdatasync... none required
> checking for library containing shmget... none required
> checking for -lreadline... no
> checking for -ledit... no
> configure: error: readline library not found
> If you have readline already installed, see config.log for details on the
> failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper directory.
> Use --without-readline to disable readline support.

Re: Pg 8.3.6 installation

От
Vladimir Rusinov
Дата:
On Tuesday 17 February 2009 23:06:17 Isabella Ghiurea wrote:
> Trying to compile Postgres 8.3.6 and configure fails with readline lib
> missing, I have readline installed ,  please see all info bellow,
> OS:  Linux RHES  x-64 bits installation.
>
> postgresql-8.3.6$ locate readline
> /usr/lib/libreadline.so.5
> /usr/lib/libreadline.so.5.1
> /usr/lib64/libreadline.so.5
> /usr/lib64/libreadline.so.5.1
> /usr/lib64/python2.4/lib-dynload/readline.so
> /usr/share/info/readline.info.gz
> /usr/share/man/man3/readline.3.gz
> /usr/share/systemimager/boot/i386/standard/initrd_template/lib/libreadline.
>so.5
> /usr/share/systemimager/boot/i386/standard/initrd_template/lib/bittorrent/r
>eadline.so /usr/share/vim/vim70/ftplugin/readline.vim
> /usr/share/vim/vim70/indent/readline.vim
> /usr/share/vim/vim70/syntax/readline.vim
>
> postgresql-8.3.6$ ./configure --prefix /var/lib/postgres8_3_6/
> --with-libraries=/usr/lib64/libreadline.so.5.1:/usr/lib/libreadline.so.5:/u
>sr/share/:/usr/src/
> --with-includes=/usr/lib64/:/usr/lib/:/usr/share/:/usr/src/
> --enable-debug
>

> checking for main in -lm... yes
> checking for library containing setproctitle... no
> checking for library containing dlopen... -ldl
> checking for library containing socket... none required
> checking for library containing shl_load... no
> checking for library containing getopt_long... none required
> checking for library containing crypt... -lcrypt
> checking for library containing fdatasync... none required
> checking for library containing shmget... none required
> checking for -lreadline... no
> checking for -ledit... no
> configure: error: readline library not found
> If you have readline already installed, see config.log for details on the
> failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper
> directory. Use --without-readline to disable readline support.

Check config.log to find what's wrong.

BTW why do you need debug?

Also, you might want to use rpms from pgsqlrmps: http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/

--
Vladimir Rusinov
http://greenmice.info/

Re: Pg 8.3.6 installation

От
Isabella Ghiurea
Дата:
Hi Ray,

Thank  you , that was the rpm I was missing ( DEVEL), now I 'm getting
zlib missing , BUT is there ...Do I need a special flavor also  ?
rpm -qa zlib
zlib-1.2.3-3
zlib-1.2.3-3
checking for library containing shmget... none required
checking for -lreadline... yes (-lreadline -ltermcap)
checking for inflate in -lz... no
configure: error: zlib library not found
If you have zlib already installed, see config.log for details on the
failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper directory.
Use --without-zlib to disable zlib support.

Ray Stell wrote:

> do you have dev installed?
>
> $ rpm -qa | grep readline-dev
> readline-devel-5.1-1.1
>

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:06:17PM -0800, Isabella Ghiurea wrote:
> > Trying to compile Postgres 8.3.6 and configure fails with readline lib
> > missing, I have readline installed ,  please see all info bellow,
> > OS:  Linux RHES  x-64 bits installation.
> >
> > postgresql-8.3.6$ locate readline
> > /usr/lib/libreadline.so.5
> > /usr/lib/libreadline.so.5.1
> > /usr/lib64/libreadline.so.5
> > /usr/lib64/libreadline.so.5.1
> > /usr/lib64/python2.4/lib-dynload/readline.so
> > /usr/share/info/readline.info.gz
> > /usr/share/man/man3/readline.3.gz
> >
> /usr/share/systemimager/boot/i386/standard/initrd_template/lib/libreadline.so.5
> >
> /usr/share/systemimager/boot/i386/standard/initrd_template/lib/bittorrent/readline.so
> > /usr/share/vim/vim70/ftplugin/readline.vim
> > /usr/share/vim/vim70/indent/readline.vim
> > /usr/share/vim/vim70/syntax/readline.vim
> >
> > postgresql-8.3.6$ ./configure --prefix /var/lib/postgres8_3_6/
> >
> --with-libraries=/usr/lib64/libreadline.so.5.1:/usr/lib/libreadline.so.5:/usr/share/:/usr/src/
> > --with-includes=/usr/lib64/:/usr/lib/:/usr/share/:/usr/src/
> --enable-debug
> >

> > checking for main in -lm... yes
> > checking for library containing setproctitle... no
> > checking for library containing dlopen... -ldl
> > checking for library containing socket... none required
> > checking for library containing shl_load... no
> > checking for library containing getopt_long... none required
> > checking for library containing crypt... -lcrypt
> > checking for library containing fdatasync... none required
> > checking for library containing shmget... none required
> > checking for -lreadline... no
> > checking for -ledit... no
> > configure: error: readline library not found
> > If you have readline already installed, see config.log for details
> on the
> > failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper
> directory.
> > Use --without-readline to disable readline support.
> >

> > --

Re: Pg 8.3.6 installation

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Isabella Ghiurea wrote:
> Hi Ray,
>
> Thank  you , that was the rpm I was missing ( DEVEL), now I 'm getting
> zlib missing , BUT is there ...Do I need a special flavor also  ?
> rpm -qa zlib
> zlib-1.2.3-3
> zlib-1.2.3-3
> checking for library containing shmget... none required
> checking for -lreadline... yes (-lreadline -ltermcap)
> checking for inflate in -lz... no
> configure: error: zlib library not found
> If you have zlib already installed, see config.log for details on the
> failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper
> directory.
> Use --without-zlib to disable zlib support.

You need zlib-devel.

Is there are particular reason you aren't just using the precompiled
RPMS for 8.3.6?

Joshua D. Drake
--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
    503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Pg 8.3.6 installation

От
DM
Дата:
Hi Ray,

You need
ncurses-dev, libedit, libedit-dev, libreadline-dev, libreadline

On Fedora, I Installed ncurses and libed-dev or so and i was able to compile.

Thanks
Deepak Murthy

[...]

Reece Hart
Дата:
Thank  you , that was the rpm I was missing ( DEVEL), now I 'm getting
zlib missing , BUT is there ...Do I need a special flavor also  ?

Yes, and typically you'll need the -devel rpm for any package that is used by the source that you're compiling. This applies to any source compilation, not just to postgresql.

-Reece

--
Reece Hart, http://harts.net/reece/, GPG:0x25EC91A0