Обсуждение: Re: Totally inappropriate by-line for a major representative of this organization

Re: Totally inappropriate by-line for a major representative of this organization

От
"Dru Devore"
Дата:
Here is mine and yes I have gotten a lot of flack over it. What is the
problem with trying to promote your faith and why do so many people have
problems with it?

---
Dru Devore
The best faith based online community.
The Faith Haven
www.thefaithhaven.com
Come join us, bookmark us, and enjoy!

> On Montag 02 Februar 2009 Scott Runnion wrote:
> > Regardless, please terminate all further communications from all
> > postgresql
>
> I hope that goes for you. Funny guy. Strange world...
>
> A sig I love and use for another account:
> // May those who love us, love us.
> // And for those who don't love us, may the good Lord turn their hearts.
> // And if He can't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles
> // So we'll know them by their limping.
>
> mfg zmi
> --
> // Michael Monnerie, Ing.BSc.
> ----------------------------------
> Sorcerers have their magic wands:
>   powerful, potentially dangerous tools with a life of their own.
> Witches have their familiars:
>   creatures disguised as household beasts that could,
>   if they choose, wreak the witches' havoc.
> Mystics have their golems:
>   beings built of wood and tin brought to life to do their
>   masters' bidding.
> I have Linux.

Re: Totally inappropriate by-line for a major representative of this organization

От
A B
Дата:
> Here is mine and yes I have gotten a lot of flack over it. What is the
> problem with trying to promote your faith and why do so many people have
> problems with it?

I have not looked into exactly what you claim to believe, but
generally: the problem is that the thing you are promoting includes
very offensive stuff, women abuse, killing gays, slavery and a lot of
other awful stuffIt's like admiring Stalin for stopping Hitler but
refusing to see the awful stuff he did.
I'd think it would be a major step forward if religions would take a
close look on what they are selling and edit their holy books.

Regards and peace and love to you all.

---
Mysql is the best and postgresql sucks. There are no problems with
mysql but postgresql sucks.
That  is the way it is and if you do not believe that your data is
going to be corrupted.
Postgresql is like GNOMEs  writing the data in EMACS on a MAC.

Re: Totally inappropriate by-line for a major representative of this organization

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 12:43 AM, A B <gentosaker@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Here is mine and yes I have gotten a lot of flack over it. What is the
>> problem with trying to promote your faith and why do so many people have
>> problems with it?
>
> I have not looked into exactly what you claim to believe, but
> generally: the problem is that the thing you are promoting includes
> very offensive stuff, women abuse, killing gays, slavery and a lot of
> other awful stuffIt's like admiring Stalin for stopping Hitler but
> refusing to see the awful stuff he did.
> I'd think it would be a major step forward if religions would take a
> close look on what they are selling and edit their holy books.

You do realize you're painting all Christians with a large brush, and
demonizing them, right?  The same method used to dehumanize people and
justify their poor treatment?  I'm pretty sure most of my Christian
friends aren't into abusing women, taking slaves, and killing all the
gheys.

> Mysql is the best and postgresql sucks. There are no problems with
> mysql but postgresql sucks.

Then please stop using PostgreSQL and start using MySQL.  If you need
help unsubscribing, just go here:
http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/subscribe

If Bruce were on a Wiccan chat list, and his signature looked like it
does, it would be much less offensive than the one you just used.
Why?  Because his has no negative or insulting tone.  Yours does.  See
the difference?

--
When fascism comes to America, it will be the intolerant selling
fascism as diversity.

Re: Totally inappropriate by-line for a major representative of this organization

От
Stephen Cook
A B wrote:
> I have not looked into exactly what you claim to believe, but
> generally: the problem is that the thing you are promoting includes
> very offensive stuff, women abuse, killing gays, slavery and a lot of
> other awful stuffIt's like admiring Stalin for stopping Hitler but
> refusing to see the awful stuff he did.
> I'd think it would be a major step forward if religions would take a
> close look on what they are selling and edit their holy books.

There are nut jobs in every group, ranging from the gay killing slave
owners (?) to the ones that just say stupid things and make their
fellows look bad. I think the majority of people in most groups are just
nice regular people though, trying to get a little head in life.

Personally I'd be happy if religious people simply stopped thinking they
were superior to atheists. I'm sure there is a counter claim to that
one, but I'd rather not get into it on a technical mailing list.

Re: Totally inappropriate by-line for a major representative of this organization

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 11:40 -0500, Stephen Cook wrote:

> Personally I'd be happy if religious people simply stopped thinking they
> were superior to atheists. I'm sure there is a counter claim to that
> one, but I'd rather not get into it on a technical mailing list.

And with that note, I believe we should all agree to go back to whatever
corner you prefer and stop this thread :).

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/