Обсуждение: connect to psql without passwd

connect to psql without passwd

От
Isabella Ghiurea
Дата:
I'm writing a shell script to run analyze and other jobs as use
postgres, having issues passing the passwd  in psql is always asking for
password, I'm using .pgpass file as argument in psql ( I understood
PGPASS is depreciated). My .pgpass file contains only the passwd string
not the full connection string9 hostname, port etc) since this is local
connection , but is  always asking for passwd, using  :PG ver 8.3, RH 5,
The script contains something like :
Home=
PSQL=
PGDATA=
 export HOME, PSQL, PGDATA etc
(cat $HOME/.pgpass
 cat << EOF
REINDEX database test
;
EOF
) | $PSQL -U postgres -d test  > /var/lib/pgsql//reindex.log

thank you
Isabella

Re: connect to psql without passwd

От
"Milen A. Radev"
Дата:
Isabella Ghiurea написа:
> I'm writing a shell script to run analyze and other jobs as use
> postgres, having issues passing the passwd  in psql is always asking for
> password, I'm using .pgpass file as argument in psql ( I understood
> PGPASS is depreciated). My .pgpass file contains only the passwd string
> not the full connection string9 hostname, port etc) since this is local
> connection , but is  always asking for passwd, using  :PG ver 8.3, RH 5,
> The script contains something like :
> Home=
> PSQL=
> PGDATA=
> export HOME, PSQL, PGDATA etc
> (cat $HOME/.pgpass
> cat << EOF
> REINDEX database test
> ;
> EOF
> ) | $PSQL -U postgres -d test  > /var/lib/pgsql//reindex.log

You need to re-read the relevant page from the manual
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/libpq-pgpass.html). You don't
need to supply the content of the file - psql (and all other programmes based
on libpq) will look for it at a predefined place and use it if a few conditions
are met (correct permissions on the file, correct syntax, etc).

--
Milen A. Radev