Обсуждение: displaying enum

displaying enum

От
Jagadeesh
Дата:
Hi admins,

I had created enum and forgotten what were the values. Is there any
way to see what I created?

Thanks

Re: displaying enum

От
chirag.dave@gmail.com
Дата:
Assuming you are are running 8.3, you can do this:

SELECT a.typname,b.enumlabel from pg_type a , pg_enum b where a.oid=b.enumtypid and a.typname='NAME_OF_ENUM';

Chirag Dave
Afilias

I had created enum and forgotten what were the values. Is there any
way to see what I created?

Thanks

Re: displaying enum

От
Lennin Caro
> I had created enum and forgotten what were the values. Is
> there any
> way to see what I created?
>
> Thanks

what version of postgresql you have?

try this query

select * from pg_type a,pg_enum b
where a.oid = b.enumtypid

Re: displaying enum

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
Does anyone know if there's plans afoot to add this to 8.4 psql as a
\d command?  Seems it could be useful.  Heck, if there was just a bit
more data in the \dT output we'd be set.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 8:53 AM,  <chirag.dave@gmail.com> wrote:
> Assuming you are are running 8.3, you can do this:
>
> SELECT a.typname,b.enumlabel from pg_type a , pg_enum b where
> a.oid=b.enumtypid and a.typname='NAME_OF_ENUM';
>
> Chirag Dave
> Afilias
>

> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Jagadeesh <mnjagadeesh@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi admins,
>>
>> I had created enum and forgotten what were the values. Is there any
>> way to see what I created?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --

Re: displaying enum

Дата:
"Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> Does anyone know if there's plans afoot to add this to 8.4 psql as a
> \d command?  Seems it could be useful.  Heck, if there was just a bit
> more data in the \dT output we'd be set.

Done already, see \dT+ ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: displaying enum

От
Jagadeesh
> > I had created enum and forgotten what were the values. Is
> > there any
> > way to see what I created?
>
> > Thanks
>
> what version of postgresql you have?
>
> try this query
>
> select * from pg_type a,pg_enum b
> where a.oid = b.enumtypid

Thanks for  helping me.
Here is the postres server version I am using.

 server_version
 8.3.1

Your query is not describing enum. but I think its listing meta info
about the enums.

Thanks
Jagadeesh