Обсуждение: connecting to server

connecting to server

От
"hanumantha reddy"
Дата:
Hi all
This is H Reddy Iam new to postgresql I have a problem connecting to server from client in LAN
can any one help me how to configure client/server environment.

Iam getting this error:
psql: could not connect to server: No route to host
        Is the server running on host "192.168.9.111" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Re: connecting to server

От
"Guido Barosio"
Дата:
H Reddy,

     - Are you sure that the server is up and running?
     - Are you sure that the server is accepting TCP/IP connections
and not just using sockets?
     - Are you on the same box as the server?
     - Have you tried reading the manual pages?

Best wishes,
gb.-

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gbarosio

connecting to server

От
"hanumantha reddy"

 Hi gb
   Thanks for your reply,
  Ya the sever is up and running, i don't know how to check weather the server is accepting TCP/IP connections.
  The sever is in different box.
   i read the manual pages I am not getting..

Regards
Hanumantha Reddy

Re: connecting to server

От
Vishal Arora

Hi Reddy,

Have you done the entries in pg_hba.conf file and in postgresql.conf file - listen address. ?

- Vishal

  Ya the sever is up and running, i don't know how to check weather the server is accepting TCP/IP connections.
  The sever is in different box.
   i read the manual pages I am not getting..

Regards
Hanumantha Reddy

MSN Technology brings you the latest on gadgets, gizmos and the new hits in the gaming market. Try it now!