Обсуждение: pgCluster and PostgreSQL

pgCluster and PostgreSQL

От
DANIEL CRISTIAN CRUZ

Hi all.

I was looking at PostgreSQL docs, and didn't found any reference about a merge of PostgreSQL. A long time ago I saw somenthig about this.

Does anyone know why there is no mention about it on the todo?

I've used some pgClusters and they worked well. Is it still working?

Kind regards,

Daniel Cristian Cruz
Administrador de Banco de Dados
Direção Regional - Núcleo de Tecnologia da Informação
SENAI - SC
Telefone: 48-3239-1422 (ramal 1422)

Re: pgCluster and PostgreSQL

От
Mathias Stjernström
Дата:
Hi!

It seems like pgClusters-1.9 i built on Postgres 8.3 if you read the
docs at http://www.pgcluster.org/svn/pgcluster-1.9/

So i think it should work.

But http://pgcluster.projects.postgresql.org/ have not been updated
since 2005 ;)

/Mathias

On 15 aug 2008, at 21.55, DANIEL CRISTIAN CRUZ wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I was looking at PostgreSQL docs, and didn't found any reference
> about a merge of PostgreSQL. A long time ago I saw somenthig about
> this.
>
> Does anyone know why there is no mention about it on the todo?
>
> I've used some pgClusters and they worked well. Is it still working?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Daniel Cristian Cruz
> Administrador de Banco de Dados
> Direção Regional - Núcleo de Tecnologia da Informação
> SENAI - SC
> Telefone: 48-3239-1422 (ramal 1422)

Вложения

Re: pgCluster and PostgreSQL

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 23:59 +0200, Mathias Stjernström wrote:
> But http://pgcluster.projects.postgresql.org/ have not been updated
> since 2005 ;)

http://www.pgcluster.org

Devrim GÜNDÜZ
                   http://www.gunduz.org

Вложения

Re: pgCluster and PostgreSQL

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 16:55 -0300, DANIEL CRISTIAN CRUZ wrote:
> I was looking at PostgreSQL docs, and didn't found any reference about
> a merge of PostgreSQL. A long time ago I saw somenthig about this.

No, PgCluster will never merge with PostgreSQL Core. PgCluster is not
mature enough to be added to the core, and also PG Core team does not
want to add such solutions to core (which I like very much).

-HTH

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
                   http://www.gunduz.org

Вложения

Re: pgCluster and PostgreSQL

От
Michael Monnerie
Дата:
On Samstag 16 August 2008 Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> http://www.pgcluster.org

Just tried it, site not reachable. Says something about a Subversion
problem. I can't find any notes about who to inform, so I try here .

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0660 / 415 65 31                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                   Key-ID: 1C1209B4

Вложения

Re: pgCluster and PostgreSQL

От
"Daniel Cristian Cruz"
Дата:
Is pgcluster really down? The project, not just Trac.

2008/12/17 Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@is.it-management.at>
On Samstag 16 August 2008 Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> http://www.pgcluster.org

Just tried it, site not reachable. Says something about a Subversion
problem. I can't find any notes about who to inform, so I try here .

mfg zmi
--
// Michael Monnerie, Ing.BSc    -----      http://it-management.at
// Tel: 0660 / 415 65 31                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                   Key-ID: 1C1209B4

--
Daniel Cristian Cruz
クルズ  クリスチアン ダニエル