Обсуждение: Query

Query

От
"kartik"

Hello there,

I was using oracle till now but now I have shifted to postgresql. Postgresql is completely new for me.

I just want to know that there is sga(System Global Area) defined in oracle , so do we have the same thing in postgresql.. and if its there how to configure it.

And my second doubt is how to let other computer access the postgresql server. What should be the settings done in the config files/.

Thanks

Waiting for your reply.

Kartik

Re: Query

От
Vishal Arora

And my second doubt is how to let other computer access the postgresql server. What should be the settings done in the config files/.

 - You need to make entries, for the clients you want to connect to the server, in pg_hba.conf file. you can search for the file default location is data directory under postgres installation. for more information refer to postgresql manual.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

- Vishal

Thanks

Waiting for your reply.