Обсуждение: postsql on vista

postsql on vista

От
"rose ....."

hello,
i am trying to install the postgre sql on windows vista , i followed all the wizard steps but each time, before compeleting installation , it gives the foolwing error : "the user 'postgre' could not be found. access denied!
i don't know if this because i am using vista or what?

thank you
roa'a

Re: postsql on vista

От
"Anibal David Acosta"

Maybe is a permission issue.

Go to “All programs” -> “Accessories”  and right click over “command prompt” and run as administrator.

Then from the command prompt execute the installer (just put the complete postgres installer path)

Maybe that help you.

i am trying to install the postgre sql on windows vista , i followed all the wizard steps but each time, before compeleting installation , it gives the foolwing error : "the user 'postgre' could not be found. access denied!
i don't know if this because i am using vista or what?

thank you
roa'a

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Re: postsql on vista

От
blovely1338@gmail.com
Дата:
I also am having problems installing Postgres SQL on vista.  I get a
quite different error, "You local administrators group contains
'service users' this is a common configuration error..."

Any ideas, been workin on this one for weeks.

Re: postsql on vista

От
"Mario Soto"

I also am having problems installing Postgres SQL on vista.  I get a
quite different error, "You local administrators group contains
'service users' this is a common configuration error..."

Hi... when you try install postgrSQL on vista you must have a Administrador right.  If not install with this account then service fail to load

regards

Ing. Mario Soto Cordones

Any ideas, been workin on this one for weeks.

Re: postsql on vista

От
"Valter Nogueira"
Дата:
I turned off the UAC, installed postgres and turned it on again. That was the only way I have succeded installing postgres on vista.

Regards,

Valter