Обсуждение: Installing PostgreSQL as Admin

Installing PostgreSQL as Admin

От
"Nandakumar Tantry"

Hello All,

            Does any-ne know how to install PostgreSQL with Administrator account? If not how will I do it? Any documentation available?

Thanks in advance

Nandakumar

Re: Installing PostgreSQL as Admin

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
<C5065F118AFB3D478B052FC1E9810D9C7D5D72@tec-mail.ttec.soc-soft.com>,
"Nandakumar Tantry" <nandakumar.tantryr@toshiba-tesi.com> wrote:

>             Does any-ne know how to install PostgreSQL with
> Administrator account? If not how will I do it?

That is a very bad idea from a security standpoint, which is why
PostgreSQL doesn't allow it.  You would have to modify the source
code and make your own build to do it; but that seems like a lot of
trouble to go through just to make your system less secure.

Are you having some problem with the recommended installation
procedure?

-Kevin

Re: Installing PostgreSQL as Admin

От
Chris Browne
Дата:
nandakumar.tantryr@toshiba-tesi.com ("Nandakumar Tantry") writes:
>             Does any-ne know how to install PostgreSQL with
> Administrator account? If not how will I do it? Any documentation
> available?:p>

I believe there is documentation on this matter here:
   http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/faq/FAQ_windows.html
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "cbbrowne.com")
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/emacs.html

Re: Installing PostgreSQL as Admin

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Nandakumar Tantry wrote:

>             Does any-ne know how to install PostgreSQL with
> Administrator account? If not how will I do it? Any documentation
> available?

You can't.

--
Alvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile   ICBM: S 39º 49' 18.1", W 73º 13' 56.4"
"Puedes elegir el color de tu auto -- siempre y cuando sea negro."