Обсуждение: hanging Postgres connections....

hanging Postgres connections....

От
Jessica Richard
Дата:
I am seeing a lot of hanging Postgres connections on one Postgre server (IRIX platform). The main user uses a perl script talking to the database (insert, update, etc). Those hanging connections are in "IDLE" state and they look very old...

Why are those jobs not releasing their connections when they are done???

Thanks,
Jessica

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

Re: hanging Postgres connections....

От
"Jonah H. Harris"
Дата:
On 9/24/07, Jessica Richard <rjessil@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am seeing a lot of hanging Postgres connections on one Postgre server
> (IRIX platform). The main user uses a perl script talking to the database
> (insert, update, etc). Those hanging connections are in "IDLE" state and
> they look very old...

What version of Postgres and IRIX are you running?

--
Jonah H. Harris, Sr. Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation                | fax: 732.331.1301

Re: hanging Postgres connections....

От
Jessica Richard
Postgres:  8.2.4