Обсуждение: Postgres can be started only when one postgres user is logged in

Postgres can be started only when one postgres user is logged in

От
Jessica Richard
Дата:
I have never see this before....

In order to start my postgres server, I have to log out all my Postgres windows...and I I have two postgres user windonw open, the server just won't come up... as soon as I close all postgres windows leaving only one widow open, then I can start Postgres server....(it is on an Irix machine).

It is weird to me. I always have multiple postgres  windows open doing my work on other postgres machines.

Is there a limit (on OS side or on Postgres side) for starting postgres?

Thanks,
Jessica

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Re: Postgres can be started only when one postgres user is logged in

От
Decibel!
Дата:
On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 09:09:51AM -0700, Jessica Richard wrote:
> I have never see this before....
>
> In order to start my postgres server, I have to log out all my Postgres windows...and I I have two postgres user
windonwopen, the server just won't come up... as soon as I close all postgres windows leaving only one widow open, then
Ican start Postgres server....(it is on an Irix machine).

> It is weird to me. I always have multiple postgres  windows open doing my work on other postgres machines.
>

> Is there a limit (on OS side or on Postgres side) for starting postgres?

#define "postgres window"
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        decibel@decibel.org