Обсуждение: Set up a database without backup

Set up a database without backup

От
tech@g-sistemas.com
Дата:
Hello everybody.

I’m using PostgreSQL on Windows XP.

I had to format de harddisc, and I’m lost databases and tablespaces
configuration (1 database and 1 tablespace), I have a copy of directory
where was the tablespaces ( but I haven’t a backup made by pgAdmin ).

What do I for set up my database and tablespace ?

It could be: creating a new database and tablespace, and after copy files
of older tablespace to newer tablespace?

Thanks In Advance

With Regards

Juan.

Re: Set up a database without backup

От
"Alejandro D. Burne"
Дата:
2007/7/24, tech@g-sistemas.com <tech@g-sistemas.com>:
> Hello everybody.
>
> I'm using PostgreSQL on Windows XP.
>
> I had to format de harddisc, and I'm lost databases and tablespaces
> configuration (1 database and 1 tablespace), I have a copy of directory
> where was the tablespaces ( but I haven't a backup made by pgAdmin ).
>
> What do I for set up my database and tablespace ?
>
> It could be: creating a new database and tablespace, and after copy files
> of older tablespace to newer tablespace?
>
> Thanks In Advance
>
> With Regards
>
> Juan.

If u have the dirs where the db where initialized you can reinstall
the "same" version of postgres on your windows machine and then
replace the data dir with your files backup.

Alejandro