Обсуждение: Installing PgAdmin package on Linux

Installing PgAdmin package on Linux

От
"Ashish Karalkar"
Дата:
Hello All,
I am having PostgreSQL server 8.2.0 running on Redhat Linux .
I want to install PgAdmin GUI on the Linux Server.
can anybody please guide me to the appropriate documantation and the prerequisite required for the same .
Thanks In Adavnce

With Reagrds
Ashish...

Re: Installing PgAdmin package on Linux

От
"Vishal Arora"
Дата:
HI Ashish,

Try to download the source for Linux installation from the PgAdmin site.
untar and try to complile using ./configure make and make install steps.
Just test what happens. I too do not see any options give somewhere. you can
also go through Readme file give with the source binary. I am not on linux
system these days or else I could have tried and told you.

- Vishal

>From: "Ashish Karalkar" <ashish.karalkar@info-spectrum.com>
>To: <pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>
>Subject: [ADMIN] Installing PgAdmin package on Linux
>Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:54:33 +0530
>
>Hello All,
>I am having PostgreSQL server 8.2.0 running on Redhat Linux .
>I want to install PgAdmin GUI on the Linux Server.
>can anybody please guide me to the appropriate documantation and the
>prerequisite required for the same .
>Thanks In Adavnce
>
>With Reagrds
>Ashish...

Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!�
http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_hotmailtextlink2

Using Explain

От
"Vishal Arora"
Дата:
Hi All,

I was looking for extensive tutorial for Explain, Plan-reading. The postgres
manual is not exhaustive enough.

It would be great if somone has a link to some documentation which gives
some more in depth information about EXPLAIN / Plan Reading

Thanks

Vishal

Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!�
http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_hotmailtextlink2

Re: Using Explain

От
"Milen A. Radev"
Дата:
Vishal Arora написа:

http://www.postgresql.org/communityfiles/13.sxi

--
Milen A. Radev

Re: Using Explain

От
"Vishal Arora"

>From: "Milen A. Radev" <milen@radev.net>
>To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Using Explain
>Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:26:57 +0300
>
>Vishal Arora написа:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I was looking for extensive tutorial for Explain, Plan-reading. The
> > postgres manual is not exhaustive enough.
> >
> > It would be great if somone has a link to some documentation which gives
> > some more in depth information about EXPLAIN / Plan Reading
> >

>http://www.postgresql.org/communityfiles/13.sxi

Thanks for the link. I am sorry but I am not able to view this file.

>--
>Milen A. Radev

>TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!�
http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_hotmailtextlink2

Backup Scheduler...

От
"Jayakumar_Mukundaraju"
Дата:
Dear Ashish/Vishal,

How are u .. Here i am fine... I need a help from u ...

In Windows, I have created new postgresql server & installed pgAgent scheduler also..The pgAgent service is running,  But when I try to schedule the backup job, it is not running. The script seems to be ok since I executed the .bat file manually, it is working.

Can u please give me some solutions for this.

Thanks & regards,
 Jayakumar M

I am having PostgreSQL server 8.2.0 running on Redhat Linux .
I want to install PgAdmin GUI on the Linux Server.
can anybody please guide me to the appropriate documantation and the prerequisite required for the same .
Thanks In Adavnce

With Reagrds
Ashish...

DISCLAIMER:
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard is appreciated..

Re: Backup Scheduler...

От
"Vishal Arora"
Дата:
Can you send your batch file pls. What is the time you are setting. Hope u r
not doing the same thing as earlier.

-- Vishal

>From: "Jayakumar_Mukundaraju" <Jayakumar_Mukundaraju@satyam.com>
>To: "Ashish Karalkar" <ashish.karalkar@info-spectrum.com>,
><pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>
>Subject: [ADMIN] Backup Scheduler...
>Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:12:40 +0530
>
>Dear Ashish/Vishal,
>
>How are u .. Here i am fine... I need a help from u ...
>
>In Windows, I have created new postgresql server & installed pgAgent
>scheduler also..The pgAgent service is running,  But when I try to schedule
>the backup job, it is not running. The script seems to be ok since I
>executed the .bat file manually, it is working.
>
>Can u please give me some solutions for this.
>
>Thanks & regards,
>  Jayakumar M
>
>________________________________

http://newlivehotmail.com

Re: Using Explain

От
Steve Holdoway
Дата:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:38:31 +0000
"Vishal Arora" <aroravishal22@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >From: "Milen A. Radev" <milen@radev.net>
> >To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
> >Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Using Explain
> >Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:26:57 +0300
> >
> >Vishal Arora написа:
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I was looking for extensive tutorial for Explain, Plan-reading. The
> > > postgres manual is not exhaustive enough.
> > >
> > > It would be great if somone has a link to some documentation which gives
> > > some more in depth information about EXPLAIN / Plan Reading
> > >

> >http://www.postgresql.org/communityfiles/13.sxi
>
> Thanks for the link. I am sorry but I am not able to view this file.

Try saving it and open with OpenOffice...

Re: Backup Scheduler...

От
"Jayakumar_Mukundaraju"
Дата:
Dear Visha/Ashish,

My batch file is content of below script.
@echo off
"C:\Program FIles\PostgreSQL\8.2\bin\pg_dump" -U postgres -f  D:\test\test1.sql -F p -C -d -D postgres
@echo on

I check the scheduler also.. That is also running ... Kindly give me the solution...

Thanks & Regards
Jayakumar M

http://newlivehotmail.com

DISCLAIMER:
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard is appreciated..

Re: Backup Scheduler...

От
"Jayakumar_Mukundaraju"

Can you send your batch file pls. What is the time you are setting. Hope u r
not doing the same thing as earlier.

-- Vishal

>From: "Jayakumar_Mukundaraju" <Jayakumar_Mukundaraju@satyam.com>
>To: "Ashish Karalkar" <ashish.karalkar@info-spectrum.com>,
><pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>
>Subject: [ADMIN] Backup Scheduler...
>Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:12:40 +0530
>
>Dear Ashish/Vishal,
>
>How are u .. Here i am fine... I need a help from u ...
>
>In Windows, I have created new postgresql server & installed pgAgent
>scheduler also..The pgAgent service is running,  But when I try to schedule
>the backup job, it is not running. The script seems to be ok since I
>executed the .bat file manually, it is working.
>
>Can u please give me some solutions for this.
>
>Thanks & regards,
>  Jayakumar M
>
>________________________________

Richard Broersma Jr
Дата:
--- Jayakumar_Mukundaraju <Jayakumar_Mukundaraju@satyam.com> wrote:

> Dear Visha/Ashish,
>
> My batch file is content of below script.
> @echo off
> "C:\Program FIles\PostgreSQL\8.2\bin\pg_dump" -U postgres -f  D:\test\test1.sql -F p -C -d -D
> postgres
> @echo on

The solution that I use is found on this link:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-12/msg01486.php

Maybe be it can give you some ideas that you can use in your bat script file.
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Re: Backup Scheduler...

От
"Jayakumar_Mukundaraju"
Дата:
Dear Richard,

Thanks for the timely help... I did same as u sent.. Now it is working fine...

Once again thankyou,

Thanks & Regards
Jayakumar M
India.