Обсуждение: PostgreSQL Training?

PostgreSQL Training?

От
"Chris Hoover"
Дата:
Hello,

I am looking for any advice about PostgreSQL training courses that might be available.  I have been a PostgreSQL DBA for the past 3+ years and have over 7 years experience as a DBA and am wanting to improve and hone my skills.  I would like to learn more about PostgreSQL and learn tips, tricks, and more about tuning.  Is there anything out there like the Oracle classes that are available (especially classes taught by people who have done the work, and not just studied a book)?

I did run across www.otg-nc.com, does anyone have comments on their admin and performance tuning classes?  This is very appealing to me since they are only a few hours away.

Are there any others?

Also, has anyone ever created the equivalence of Oracle Certification for PostgreSQL?  Just thought if I'm going to pay for training, it would be nice to end up with a cert to show for all the monies spent. :)

Thanks,

Chris

P.S.

Feel free to reply off list  if needed.

Re: PostgreSQL Training?

От
"Jonah H. Harris"
Дата:
On 5/18/07, Chris Hoover <revoohc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any others?

The main three for PostgreSQL training I know of are:

- EnterpriseDB
- Command Prompt
- Big Nerd Ranch

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301

Re: PostgreSQL Training?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> On 5/18/07, Chris Hoover <revoohc@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are there any others?
>
> The main three for PostgreSQL training I know of are:
>
> - EnterpriseDB
> - Command Prompt
> - Big Nerd Ranch

:)

Big Nerd Ranch and OTG both specialize in training.

Command Prompt, and EnterpriseDB offer training as part of a further
portfolio.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: PostgreSQL Training?

От
Jim Nasby
Дата:
On May 18, 2007, at 2:11 PM, Chris Hoover wrote:
> I did run across www.otg-nc.com, does anyone have comments on their
> admin and performance tuning classes?  This is very appealing to me
> since they are only a few hours away.

They're on the east coast, right? I know that we (EnterpriseDB) will
be having a class in Islen, NJ mid-june, if that's more convenient.

Re: PostgreSQL Training?

От
Joshua Kramer
Дата:
Also note that RedHat does PostgreSQL training:

https://www.redhat.com/training/developer/courses/rdb147.html

Note, however, that this is "RedHat Database" training.  "RedHat Database"
was a rebranded PostgreSQL 7.3.4 introduced back around 2004; so I'm not
sure if this training would include anything that is "Postgres Generic"
or any features introduced after 7.3.4.

Cheers,
-J

Re: PostgreSQL Training?

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tuesday 29 May 2007 09:58, Joshua Kramer wrote:
> Also note that RedHat does PostgreSQL training:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/training/developer/courses/rdb147.html
>
> Note, however, that this is "RedHat Database" training.  "RedHat Database"
> was a rebranded PostgreSQL 7.3.4 introduced back around 2004; so I'm not
> sure if this training would include anything that is "Postgres Generic"
> or any features introduced after 7.3.4.

While we're following up, I'd note that OmniTI does training as well, though
we tend to focus on technical services rather than strict training like a Big
Nerd Ranch.  Also be sure to check the main page at www.postgresql.org, where
we list all sorts of training classes.

On Friday 18 May 2007 15:11, Chris Hoover wrote:
> Also, has anyone ever created the equivalence of Oracle Certification for
> PostgreSQL?  Just thought if I'm going to pay for training, it would be
> nice to end up with a cert to show for all the monies spent. :)

SRA created a program back in the 7.4 days (I'm certified woohoo!), though I'm
not sure it is still activly offered in the USA (I believe it is in Japan
though). HTH

--
Robert Treat