Обсуждение: Problem Recovering from Windows PITR

Problem Recovering from Windows PITR

От
"Nykolyn, Andrew"

In testing my PITR on windows 8.1.4 I find the server does not go into recovery mode and will not start after restoring the base backup and setting up the recovery.conf file as described in the PostgreSQL documentation.  All permissions appear to be set correctly on the new data directories and files.  There are no log files generated that I can see anywhere to give me a clue on what is happening.  The service message indicates that there are no error messages but the service did not start.  Does anybody have any ideas on where I should look to solve my problem.

Greatly Appreciated
Andy Nykolyn
Northrop Grumman

Re: Problem Recovering from Windows PITR

От
"Jim C. Nasby"
Дата:
On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 05:43:06PM -0400, Nykolyn, Andrew wrote:
> In testing my PITR on windows 8.1.4 I find the server does not go into
> recovery mode and will not start after restoring the base backup and
> setting up the recovery.conf file as described in the PostgreSQL
> documentation.  All permissions appear to be set correctly on the new
> data directories and files.  There are no log files generated that I can
> see anywhere to give me a clue on what is happening.  The service
> message indicates that there are no error messages but the service did
> not start.  Does anybody have any ideas on where I should look to solve
> my problem.

Can you launch PostgreSQL from the command line instead? You might get
more output that way... also try increasing the logging verbosity;
setting log_min_messages to debug might help. You could also try
bringing up a postmaster in standalone mode, though I'm not sure if it
will attempt a PITR recovery in that case...
--
Jim Nasby                                      decibel@decibel.org