Обсуждение: Cleaning up directory pgsql_tmp ?

Cleaning up directory pgsql_tmp ?

От
"David Levy"
Дата:
Hi,

I have a 7Go pgsql_tmp directory in my main tablespace which remains
even after a cluster restart.
Does anyone know how to clean up properly ? Can i just delete the
directory in the filesystem (with the cluster up or down ?) ?

The documentation says it should be handled automatically by the
cluster at the next startup, but it does not :(
I guess it comes from a severe server crash that occured several days
ago ...

Thanks in advance !

Re: Cleaning up directory pgsql_tmp ?

Дата:
"David Levy" <dvid.levy@gmail.com> writes:
> I have a 7Go pgsql_tmp directory in my main tablespace which remains
> even after a cluster restart.
> Does anyone know how to clean up properly ? Can i just delete the
> directory in the filesystem (with the cluster up or down ?) ?

If the postmaster's not running, it's certainly safe to remove pgsql_tmp
files.  However, unless you are running a pre-7.2 Postgres, the
postmaster should remove them for itself during startup; you should look
into why that's not happening.  Permissions problem, perhaps?

            regards, tom lane