Обсуждение: 8.2 install to fc5 fails rtld needed

8.2 install to fc5 fails rtld needed

От
"rfjones"
Дата:
I am on fc5, downloaded the rpms for 8.2, rand the following command and
got the following error
I dont have rtld and dont find a version of rtld that meets my version
of glibc glibc-2.4-8

any help appreciated
TIA
rfjones

rpm -ivh --replacepkgs compat*rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by compat-postgresql-libs-4-1PGDG.i386
        postgresql-libs < 8.1.5 conflicts with
compat-postgresql-libs-4-1PGDG.i386

Re: 8.2 install to fc5 fails rtld needed

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hello,

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 15:40 -0800, rfjones wrote:
> I am on fc5, downloaded the rpms for 8.2, rand the following command and
> got the following error
> I dont have rtld and dont find a version of rtld that meets my version
> of glibc glibc-2.4-8

> rpm -ivh --replacepkgs compat*rpm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by compat-postgresql-libs-4-1PGDG.i386

It was fixed (thanks to David Fetter for building FC-5 package) and it
is in main FTP site now. It may take some time for your local mirror to
pick it up.

I did not bump up the version number. Instead, we built it as i686 (the
previous one was i386) to define the change.

Please let me know if you still have problems.

Re: 8.2 install to fc5 fails rtld needed

От
Ray Stell
Дата:
the install from source on fc5 is painless with a later glibc:

> cat /etc/issue
Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)
Kernel \r on an \m

> rpm -qa | grep glibc-2
glibc-2.4-11

--
You have no chance to survive make your time.

Re: 8.2 install to fc5 fails rtld needed

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 12:44 -0500, Ray Stell wrote:
> the install from source on fc5 is painless with a later glibc:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.2.0/linux/rpms/fedora/fedora-core-5/

or

http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp?file=binary%
2Fv8.2.0%2Flinux%2Frpms%2Ffedora%2Ffedora-core-5%
2Fcompat-postgresql-libs-4-2PGDG.fc5.i686.rpm

I already fixed compat problem today.