Обсуждение: Postgresql install

Postgresql install

От
"Doron Baranes"
Дата:
Hi,

I want to install postgres on red hat linux 7.2 (Enigma).
how can i find out which version supprt this platform?

10x,
Doron

Re: Postgresql install

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Doron Baranes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to install postgres on red hat linux 7.2 (Enigma).
> how can i find out which version supprt this platform?

That might be a bit of a stretch. You could try downloading the SRPM
from the ftp site and building
and RPM. However you may have to update some packages. 7.2 is *really*,
ahem, *really* old.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> 10x,
> Doron

Re: Postgresql install

Дата:
"Doron Baranes" <doron.baranes@dbnet.co.il> writes:
> I want to install postgres on red hat linux 7.2 (Enigma).
> how can i find out which version supprt this platform?

As somebody who works for Red Hat, I would strongly advise getting a
newer OS release.  You can probably build modern releases of PG to
work on that, but why?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Postgresql install

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 11:48:37 +0200,
  Doron Baranes <doron.baranes@dbnet.co.il> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to install postgres on red hat linux 7.2 (Enigma).
> how can i find out which version supprt this platform?

You should be able to build current versions from source on old versions
of Redhat.
However, RH 7.2 isn't even getting legacy support any more, are you sure
you want to be using that instead of something that gets some support?