Обсуждение: Disk crash problems: postgres database not functioning anymore

Disk crash problems: postgres database not functioning anymore

От
Joost Kraaijeveld
Дата:
Hi,

I lost two databases due to a crash of my RAID5 which resulted in a
filesystem corruption. One of the two databases is the "postgres"
maintenance database  of which I have no backup.

Is it possible to restore that database somehow without reinstalling
PostgreSQL?

TIA

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
web: www.askesis.nl

Re: Disk crash problems: postgres database not functioning anymore

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I lost two databases due to a crash of my RAID5 which resulted in a
> filesystem corruption. One of the two databases is the "postgres"
> maintenance database  of which I have no backup.

The postgres database generally doesn't have much useful info.  You can
recreate it from template1 and nothing will be lost.