Обсуждение: pg_xlog location

pg_xlog location

От
Arnau
Дата:
Hi all,

   I'd like to place the database transaction log (pg_xlog) to a
separeted disk. I haven't found any place in the configuration to
specify the location of this log. Googling a bit I have found the following:

1. Shut it down the database.
2. Move data/pg_xlog to another drive.
3. Symlink data/pg_xlog to this other drive.
4. Restart the database.

and I'm wondering, is this the way to do it? or there is a better way?

Thanks

Re: pg_xlog location

Дата:
Arnau <arnaulist@andromeiberica.com> writes:
> Googling a bit I have found the following:

> 1. Shut it down the database.
> 2. Move data/pg_xlog to another drive.
> 3. Symlink data/pg_xlog to this other drive.
> 4. Restart the database.

> and I'm wondering, is this the way to do it? or there is a better way?

That's the way to do it.

            regards, tom lane