Обсуждение: postgresql.conf

postgresql.conf

От
"Sistemas C.M.P."
Дата:
I had to change the file postgresql.conf (section FILE LOCATIONS -> data_directory)because I need to point to another location.
But when I reboot the system, it indicates fail (red color) on the startup of postgresql service.
But then, it accept conections normaly and work fine with the database in the new location.
Why indicate Fail?

PD: I'm sorry. I'm From Argentina and my english is very poor

Re: postgresql.conf

Дата:
"Sistemas C.M.P." <sistemascmp@redynet4.com.ar> writes:
> I had to change the file postgresql.conf (section FILE LOCATIONS -> =
> data_directory)because I need to point to another location.
> But when I reboot the system, it indicates fail (red color) on the =
> startup of postgresql service.
> But then, it accept conections normaly and work fine with the database =
> in the new location.
> Why indicate Fail?

I suppose your start script uses pg_ctl to start the database?  pg_ctl
doesn't understand the contents of postgresql.conf so it does not know
that you've moved the data directory that way.

            regards, tom lane