Обсуждение: Installation of PostgresQL 8.1 in Redhat Linux ES 4.0

Installation of PostgresQL 8.1 in Redhat Linux ES 4.0

От
"Murugan G"

Hello,
Is it possible to install PostgresQL 8.1 in Redhat Linux ES 4.0, if it is how can I get installation steps or installation documentation for this installation.

Thanks and regards,
G.Murugan,
Sr. Software Engineer.

Extn. 1618
Sobha Renaissance Information Technology Private Limited
An SEI-CMM & P-CMM Level 5 Company
World's 1st SSE-CMM Level 5 Company
BS 7799 certified by British Standards Institute
ISO 9001:2000 Certified by TÜV Rheinland/Berlin-Brandenburg
A Six Sigma Practice Company
Tel: + 91 80 51951999; Fax: + 91 80 51523300; Video Conference: + 91 80 51252222
Email : murugan.g
@renaissance-it.com; Web: www.renaissance-it.com
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies from any computer.

Re: Installation of PostgresQL 8.1 in Redhat Linux ES 4.0

От
"Matthew T. O'Connor"
Дата:
I don't have any RHES 4.0 boxen, but I do have a CentOS 4.1 box.  You
can get RPMS for the new version of PostgreSQL, you will probably want
to install a compat rpm that has the libraries that the other software
on the system requires.  I forget where I downloaded mine from, but
someone on one of these lists mentioned it a while ago.

Hope that helps...

Matt

Murugan G wrote:

> Hello,
> Is it possible to install PostgresQL 8.1 in Redhat Linux ES 4.0, if it
> is how can I get installation steps or installation documentation for
> this installation.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> G.Murugan,
> Sr. Software Engineer.
> Extn. 1618
> Sobha Renaissance Information Technology Private Limited
> An SEI-CMM & P-CMM Level 5 Company
> World's 1^st SSE-CMM Level 5 Company
> BS 7799 certified by British Standards Institute
> ISO 9001:2000 Certified by TÜV Rheinland/Berlin-Brandenburg
> A Six Sigma Practice Company
> Tel: + 91 80 51951999; Fax: + 91 80 51523300; Video Conference: + 91
> 80 51252222
> Email : murugan.g@renaissance-it.com; Web:_ www.renaissance-it.com_
> to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
> privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
> other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
> information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
> is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the
> sender and delete all copies from any computer.

Re: Installation of PostgresQL 8.1 in Redhat Linux ES 4.0

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi,
On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 17:04 +0530, Murugan G wrote:

> Is it possible to install PostgresQL 8.1 in Redhat Linux ES 4.0, if it
> is how can I get installation steps or installation documentation for
> this installation.

We (PostgreSQL RPM Building Project) have written a document about
installing PostgreSQL on Red Hat / Fedora Core platforms:

http://pgfoundry.org/docman/?group_id=1000048

We have the RPMs for RHEL ES 4 in here:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.1.0/linux/rpms/redhat/rhel-es-4/

Please read our manual about how to install the RPMs.

Re: Installation of PostgresQL 8.1 in Redhat Linux ES 4.0

От
"sandhya"

 Is it possible to install PostgresQL 8.1 in Redhat Linux ES 4.0, if it is how can I get installation steps or installation documentation for this installation.

You can get the sources for Linux Redhat from the following site of postgresql:

Binary version from the,

After downloading You can follow the Install file to know the installation procedure.

-Thanks,
Sandhya