Обсуждение: upgrade

upgrade

От
Josh O'Brien
Дата:
Hello all

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if there is any seamless
way to upgrade from 7.4 to 8.1 without performing a full dump/restore.

Thanks
Joshua O'Brien
DBA
Zedx Inc.

Вложения

Re: upgrade

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 11:08:58 -0500,
  Josh O'Brien <obrien@zedxinc.com> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if there is any seamless
> way to upgrade from 7.4 to 8.1 without performing a full dump/restore.

If you need to minimize down time, there are ways to use Slony to do that.
There is not a way to just update the data files directly.

Re: upgrade

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Josh O'Brien wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if there is any seamless
> way to upgrade from 7.4 to 8.1 without performing a full dump/restore.
Slony-I or Mammoth Replicator