Обсуждение: Questions about fsync

Questions about fsync

От
"Fabio C. Bon"
Дата:
In the context of PostgreSQL 7.4, running over Linux Suse 9.0, I have some
doubts that wanted to evacuate:

In which processes impacts the property fsync?

Which can be the problem to use fsync in false?

When use fsync = false, the effective recording of the data in disk is done
for criteria of the operating system, ¿ Is exact?

Considering fsync = false, checkpoint_timeout=300.
It given a crash of the operating system, after normally db shutdown.  At db
startup, there was corruption of data and a pg_resetlog
 was done.

It is possible to lose data changed previous to last checkpoint ?

Thanks,
Fabio

Replication

От
Marco Rademeyer

Can PostgreSQL do replication ?

If possible could guide me in the right direction.

Regards
Marco Rademeyer

Read our disclaimer at: http://www.picknpay.co.za/pnp/view/pnp/en/page5093?
If you don't have web access, the disclaimer can be mailed to you on request.
Disclaimer requests to be sent to it-security@pnp.co.za

Re: Replication

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Freitag, 5. August 2005 14:32 schrieb Marco Rademeyer:
> Can PostgreSQL do replication ?

Yes.

http://www.google.com/search?q=postgresql+replication

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Replication

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Marco Rademeyer wrote:

> Can PostgreSQL do replication ?

Marco,

This would probably be a good one to search for in the archives before asking,
but Slony http://slony.info/ is probably the most popular replication engine
for postgresql and command prompt has Mammoth Replicator which I have also
heard good things about: http://commandprompt.com/products/mammothreplicator/

In addition, you could probably set up a PITR based replication solution like
the one I set up for one of my clients.  The general gist of the solution is
doing a base backup on a regular basis to the secondary server and archiving
the WAL files to a shared storage medium for replay.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/