Обсуждение: Killing a Query

Killing a Query

От
Brandon Hines
Дата:
Is there a method for killing a query from the server.

I have a number of users that manage to run queries that busy the server
preventing a number of critical queries from running within an
acceptable time limit.

I would like to kill off the queries that appear to be busying the
server without having to take postgres down altogether.

Re: Killing a Query

От
"Anjan Dave"
Дата:
I use kill -s SIGINT <pid of bad query>

Thanks,
Anjan

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Hines [mailto:brandon@2i.com]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 2:32 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Killing a Query

Is there a method for killing a query from the server.

I have a number of users that manage to run queries that busy the server

preventing a number of critical queries from running within an
acceptable time limit.

I would like to kill off the queries that appear to be busying the
server without having to take postgres down altogether.

               http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: Killing a Query

От
Vikram
Дата:
if i remember correctly, kill -TERM <the procpid of the query> should do
it. you can get the pid of the query process by looking at pg_queries
table

            Vikram

ps: be careful you dont kill -9 or some such.....

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Brandon Hines wrote:

> Is there a method for killing a query from the server.
>
> I have a number of users that manage to run queries that busy the server
> preventing a number of critical queries from running within an
> acceptable time limit.
>
> I would like to kill off the queries that appear to be busying the
> server without having to take postgres down altogether.

Re: Killing a Query

От
Brandon Hines
Дата:
Brandon Hines wrote:

> Is there a method for killing a query from the server.
>
> I have a number of users that manage to run queries that busy the server
> preventing a number of critical queries from running within an
> acceptable time limit.
>
> I would like to kill off the queries that appear to be busying the
> server without having to take postgres down altogether.

I guess I should have read today's messages before posting.

Thanks, Anjan, for answering my question before I could ask it.

Kill -s SIGINT <pid of offending statement>