Обсуждение: Anything like varchar_pattern_ops in 7.3.x?

Anything like varchar_pattern_ops in 7.3.x?

От
"Chris Hoover"
Дата:
I have been looking into the Postgresql 8 docs and noticed that they
have a varchar_pattern_ops operator class to help get around the problem
with like and non-C locales.  I am trying to find out if there is any
thing like this in the 7.3 server since we are still a good 6+ months
from being able to roll out Postgresql 8.x.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Anything like varchar_pattern_ops in 7.3.x?

Дата:
"Chris Hoover" <revoohc@sermonaudio.com> writes:
> I have been looking into the Postgresql 8 docs and noticed that they
> have a varchar_pattern_ops operator class to help get around the problem
> with like and non-C locales.  I am trying to find out if there is any
> thing like this in the 7.3 server since we are still a good 6+ months
> from being able to roll out Postgresql 8.x.

I believe that was added in 7.4, if you think moving to 7.4 would be
more feasible.

            regards, tom lane