Обсуждение: FW: PostgreSQL (real and effective user ids must match) error

FW: PostgreSQL (real and effective user ids must match) error

От
"Nuno Souto"
Дата:
Hello,

I believe my first post did not go through, so here it is again:

I can't seem to figure out what to do, whenever I try to start rhdb service
I get:

Starting postgresql service: /usr/bin/postmaster: real and effective user
ids must match
postmaster successfully started
[ FAILED ]

I really am at a loss over here.

I've tried everything I can think of, and can't seem to find out the reason
it returns that error, I even tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it
again, but did not work.

Thanks
Nuno Souto

Re: FW: PostgreSQL (real and effective user ids must match) error

Дата:
"Nuno Souto" <forum@lostlink.net> writes:
> I can't seem to figure out what to do, whenever I try to start rhdb service
> I get:

> Starting postgresql service: /usr/bin/postmaster: real and effective user
> ids must match
> postmaster successfully started
> [ FAILED ]

This suggests a problem with the script that's launching the postmaster,
but you have not given us any information about what that script is.
For starters, what's the platform exactly, what's the postgres version
exactly, and how did you install it (from source?  from RPM --- if so,
whose, and which version?)

            regards, tom lane