Обсуждение: Admin Tool to Send Me Email

Admin Tool to Send Me Email

От
"Garris, Nicole"

(Previously posted to the PostgreSQL General list, with no responses yet.)

We have been using PostgreSQL on Mac OS X for about a year now. Ongoing monitoring has proven very easy because the DBMS engine is so reliable, and mostly I use phpPgAdmin, an extremely useful tool. However, its worth my while to make it even easier. I would like a tool that would send an email whenever an error message is generated, such as messages from SQL class 53 (53100 disk full, 53200 out of memory, 53300 too many connections), class 57 operator intervention, class 58 system error, and a few others.

I looked for such a free tool on pgFoundry, Gborg, and postgresql.org’s Downloads page (and also searched the PostgreSQL mailing list archives) but didn’t see anything like it. If you know of one, I would really appreciate it if you could provide the web site. Thank you!

Re: Admin Tool to Send Me Email

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On 4/18/05, Garris, Nicole <Nicole.Garris@dof.ca.gov> wrote:

> (Previously posted to the PostgreSQL General list, with no responses yet.)
>
> We have been using PostgreSQL on Mac OS X for about a year now. Ongoing
> monitoring has proven very easy because the DBMS engine is so reliable, and
> mostly I use phpPgAdmin, an extremely useful tool. However, its worth my
> while to make it even easier. I would like a tool that would send an email
> whenever an error message is generated, such as messages from SQL class 53
> (53100 disk full, 53200 out of memory, 53300 too many connections), class 57
> operator intervention, class 58 system error, and a few others.

I don't know if it can be useful for you but there is a project called
pgMail.  You need he pl/tclu to run it.

hope it can help you.

regards,
Jaime Casanova